Monday, April 6, 2009

The Fun Just Keeps On Coming

Well, last week, I had high hopes of being at 100% by today. I finished my antibiotics on Saturday and was sure that "sore" feeling I had would go away. However, today, it hadn't went away, in fact, it wasn't as bad as two weeks ago but it was a long way from feeling normal.

When I got to work this morning, my lovely peeps talked me into just calling Becky to see if I could get some more antibiotics. Of course, Becky thought she better run another test to see if my kidney infection was gone. While I was there, she examined me, lets just say I jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I hate to gross everybody out but I went from having blood in my urine to having blood in my stools. Not a good thing apparently, it seems to be the newest reason for my pain.

I now have a colonoscopy scheduled for Wednesday morning. I had to sign a waiver tonight saying I refused to go to the hospital but I promised Becky if my blood count was too far down when she gets the tests back tomorrow, I would go ahead and go because I would need blood.

I'm still trying to figure out why I let my peeps talk me into going back to the doctor. That along with being scared, and remembering all the times I have went through test after test to find out there is nothing wrong. Then I hear Becky "Mindy, there is blood...that means there IS something wrong."

Okay, now I've told all my "online" peeps- I'm asking for your prayers, mostly for my sanity. I am going to get up and go to work in the morning, so you might also pray along with me that when Becky calls me that I don't have to go to the hospital, and that hopefully, this is just a polyp running amok. If it is, more than likely, it can be taken care of during the colonoscopy.

Funny things that have been in our conversations today:
Becky: I want to schedule a colonoscopy for Friday (this was before she saw my stool samples and wanted me to go to the hospital tonight).
Me: Our church's cantata is Friday night, I can't do Friday
Becky: Can't they do without you?
Me: I'm the director--
Becky: I will schedule it for Monday

Becky (after seeing the sample): I can get you scheduled for Wednesday morning
Me: Does that mean I have to cancel the class I am teaching tomorrow night?
Becky: It does unless you want to teach it from the bathroom.

I went to work this afternoon, my boss started to jump onto me, I said I would rather be there doing some good than sitting at home feeling sorry for myself. She decided my statement overruled her scolding. (Anytime you get a chance to overrule your boss is just a little bit fun).

Now I am trying to decide what would be really scrumptious to eat tonight to make it through my "jello and broth" diet tomorrow.......

Thanks for listening! And thanks in advance for the prayers!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We heard about you thru the grapevine(AKA Adams mom) You are certainly in our prayers. We hope all comes back good. If they have to put you in the hospital I will come with ropes because they are gonna have to tie you down to get you to stay. LOL!!! Anyway our prayers are with you.

Nila Smith said...

Mindy is on her way to the hospital in Effingham. As far as we know now, she'll be getting some much needed pain medications, and a colonoscopy is scheduled for Wednesday.

I'll be posting updates on my blog Fact and Fiction, as they become available.

Most important right now, we are all very concerned about what may be going on, and Mindy, Andrew, Robert and my mom especially need your prayers.

Thanks so much
Nila
(Mindy's sis for those of you who don't know)

Ashley said...

You are in my thoughts!