Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm home, I'm home, I'm home

And honestly feel like being here! I was just getting on my cellphone last night at 5 to call Becky and see if she could move things along when the nurse came in with my discharge papers. I got to the house about 6 last night.

They said it would take three days for the epidural to start working but the cortisone shot would work immediately. I honestly think both are working. I am sore, but not hurting, I am still really afraid to stand up, sit down or twist around much because I had gotten so used to the pain being there that I am afraid it will come right back, so far so good.

I got on the scales this morning and have lost weight, that was a good thing, the first day I was at the hospital, they wouldn't even let me have a drink of water until about 6, then I could have water and they brought me a bowl of broth and a bowl of jello. The second day, I got broth and jello for breakfast and lunch and they let me have a real meal about 3 that afternoon. Guess it did some good. Not sure I could go on a constant broth and jello diet though.

I've been going to weight watchers for several months and was doing pretty good-just over 22 lbs when I got sick, then not being able to exercise and the boys doing the cooking, I had actually gained weight. Monday night ought to be a not bad experience. I'm not ready to tackle the treadmill yet but I will try to walk this weekend and I feel like cooking. Even after 17 years, the guys will totally ignore good health guidelines if I don't fix their food--yesterday AT THE HOSPITAL- Andrew had a chimichanga and macaroni and cheese- can we say "carb overload??? let alone the FAT content?? I guess it's not him that has the problem, but maybe it's just because I've taken such good care of him :-)

Well, my whole goal was to be home and better in time to direct the cantata tonight at church Jeff Carr called me yesterday and he said "I'll see ya' when I see ya'" I said, "I will see you tomorrow night!" He just laughed but said he didn't doubt it.

I am now really looking forward to all the events happening this weekend. The cantata and Good Friday service tonight, tomorrow evening, Nila and Richard will get here, Sunday morning we have Sunrise, then the young married couples are putting on a breakfast, then church. Then we come to my house, have Easter dinner and get to see Sis and Richard for a while before they have to head back to Lincoln (it's also Sis' birthday!). Sunday evening, I am going to rest a while and Monday I am going back to work with bells on!!

Thanks once more for all the prayers, I stood in my living room on Tuesday morning, not having any clue what was wrong, but at that time thinking it was something internal. I stood there and cried and prayed that God would let me keep living the life he had given me. I just want to thank HIM for that answered prayer.

2 comments:

Nanny Fulton said...

Welcome Home!
Glad the shots are working.
Sure hope you don't have any more back troubles, back pain is horrible!
I had a shot in Oct. and it is now wearing off, so will probably have to schedule another.
Looking forward to the Cantata tonight! Be careful when conducting, DON'T THROW YOUR BACK OUT!
Oh, By the way, Sunday when you were leading the choir, Grant was back there waving his arms like you and trying to conduct. Maybe we have a little music major on our hands.
Love ya and take care of yourself,
S

Keckie said...

Praise the Lord! That is who we give thanks to for your return home. Guess He thought you needed a little R & R. Glad you are feeling better. We love you lots and lots and hope the shot works for a LONG time. Just don't over do it.