Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Progress....slow and steady wins the race

It has been a roller coaster week already and this morning, I feel like I am in a huge valley. I had good news on Monday as I was finally DOWN A POUND at weight watchers. First week off prednisone and I am starting to lose again, it was about time. I still have 2.6 lbs to lose to get back to "pre-hospital" weight but I will get there eventually.

The downer is I have had some backpeddling from being off the prednisone. I called Doc Monday and asked if we could up the Azathioprine 50 more mg. Things aren't bad bad, just not as good as I would like. He agreed and I started that yesterday. I didn't sleep well Monday night, because the UC was acting up and now it is day 2 of not sleeping. I have lots to do at work or I would stay home but not going to guarantee I will make it through the day. I am more scared now about getting down because I know I already have basically no immune system and lack of sleep causes you to be more susceptible too. That is what started my last bout that ended with three days in the hospital so if things are so I can, I will probably come home this afternoon.

The worst part is I have so much to do here at home too. It's spring cleaning time and I need to get at it, I just can't. Hopefully Saturday.

That's that, hopefully better news later in the week.

Happy Wednesday.


No comments: