Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy, Happy Easter!!!

Do you ever take points in your life and use that as a landmark as to "last year on Easter"...

Well, last year on Easter morning, I was rejoicing in the fact that eventhough Robert had totalled his car the day before, he was celebrating Easter with us and we weren't planning a funeral. I find it very iconic that I almost lost my son the day before Easter, the day God GAVE UP his son for me. Have you ever looked at one of your kids and said, "I would let him/ her die so so and so can live". Can you fathom it? Especially when that so and so might be someone who doesn't even like you. God did this. We see people daily basically spit on God and he STILL loves them. still offers them eternal life. Never does he say enoughs enough, you have hurt me and I am done with you. Wow, how many times do we do that with each other.

Little did I know that within the end of the next week, our life would go into what seemed to be a downward spiral, on that following Thursday (my sister's birthday no less) Andrew lost his job ofo 27 years at Walmart. I will never forget that day and the peace that God brought to all of us. We knew within hours everything was going to be okay. Oddly enough, things are better for us, more secure for us that they had been in the previous almost 21 years of our lives. God is good, all the time.

Today, I hope and pray you have taken time out to celebrate what He did for YOU. Put it in perspective with the fact that he sent his SON, his kid, and on top of everything else, the one that had been with him forever. God is never seperated from his children, but when Christ died for our sins, he took on those sins, I believe Christ had an experience here on earth where he had the Holy Spirit with him and could feel God constantly. That moment on the cross when he asked why God had forsaken him, he was truly alone. God couldn't look at all the sin Christ was bearing and Christ truly did feel all alone.

On Friday night, we attended a Good Friday service at a very good friend of ours' church. Chris is actually the preacher and he put things in perspective for me so well.  I also want to thank God for the people he has put in our lives.

Whatever is going on in your life, remember God has a plan for you, you have to accept him, accept the gift he gave you in sending his Son, he never promised easy here on earth, but he promised eternity in heaven, if you will just realize that Christ died for you. He would have died for you if you were the only one here.

Happy, happy Easter and please feel free to email me, call me or text me if anything I have said leaves you with questions, I would be glad to help.


No comments: