Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March

So into March we go, wow, where is this year going???

Saturday morning there was snow on the ground, I'm not sure if that was "In Like a Lion" or not......we shall see.

Last Saturday was our Grand Prix race, I am SO glad this was is in the books --and even gladder (even a word???) that the track is no longer set up in my living room. It was not a year without glitches. A Eagle Scout from our church made a new track a couple of years ago and it has been great, however, it is so much faster than our old track that the cars would go flying off the end and get torn up. Andrew brought the track home a couple weeks early just to make a ramp-up to slow the cars down at the end. When we went to get the track though, we found out that it had been laid on the floor and had gotten wet. It was warped. So, Andrew injected wood glue and got it back into ship shape. On Thursday before the race, he and Robert were testing out the electrical, which we thought was fine except for replacing a sensor. Come to find out, we were wrong, the entire electrical system had problems. Andrew went to Mattoon to Radio shack to get the pieces to build a new one only to find out that most of them were special order and would take WEEKS to get here. He came home literally sick. When I got home, we got on the phone and called a few reliable friends and asked them to stick their necks out there and be lane judges. Thankfully, (I think I have thanked the Lord more in the last few days than I had for anything--all the way home from the race, I just kept thanking Him!) they agreed and the race could go on as planned.

I think the race day went perfectly. Everyone had a good time and nobody walked away mad, hurt or crying. When you work with that many kids, that is the best you can ask for.  So Grand Prix 2013 in the books, I will have pictures eventually but I was too busy helping run the race to think to take any.

The next big event was WW last night. I had been so excited because Sunday I was down three pounds. Somehow or another though it came back Monday morning. Last night, I was down 2/10ths but it was still a loss and I am going to take it. Prednisone level this week is 7.5 mg. SURELY I can see some weight loss results this week. It is taking forever with the medicine adjustments and adjusting to my new normal but I keep telling myself I know I would have gained MASSIVELY had it not been for the diligence I have shown and the exercise.  I have made my exercise goals on my calendar everyday so far.  Yesterday was the first day this month that I didn't get 100% on my activelink. My goal is 5 out of  every 7 days so it was okay. Honestly, Dr. P had warned me that when I got below 10 mg of prednisone I wouldn't feel good for a few days. Normally when I get there, the UC starts acting up and I have always blamed it for the yucks. The UC isn't bad this time so yesterday I just felt like I hadn't slept in 4 days and that I had been ran over by a Mack Truck. I realized then that this is what he was talking about. It made me feel good in a way though because I truly believe in 3 more weeks I will be prednisone free.

So, I am taking a day off today. I haven't taken any time off since before Brenda left so I thought it was time. I am taking tomorrow off too but I have a dentist appointment at 11:20 in Effingham and AWANA tomorrow night so today is the big "I'm gonna get things accomplished" day.  I have plans to work in the weight room area and the craft area as well as the laundry room downstairs. We took a really nice cabinet out of the kitchen so I can put my Hoosier cabinet in, I want it in my laundry room but we have a set of shelves that need to go so HOPEFULLY, I can enlist some help today from my guys. Robert is on spring break this week and actually took the week off from Parklanes too. He works at Napa this afternoon but maybe I can get some things worked out this morning.

So, time to hit it, gonna get off of here and do my treadmill work and then get busy.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: