Thursday, March 21, 2013

Good Morning from Peoria!

I should be in the shower but oh well.  Today is day 3 of our WX/LIHEAP conference and I am ready to go home!  I hate that I have not been excited about this conference, especially since it is the first one since I have become coordinator. I was bummed from the day I saw the schedule though. Most of the things I wanted to go to were at the same time as something else I wanted to go to. The things I needed answers for when I came, I still need answers for....get the drift? 

To top it off, Peoria is not my favorite place, so we tried to make the most of the hotel. Tuesday evening Sharon and I went to check out the hottub, my grants manager had been down there and she said not to waste out time, the heated pool was cold and the hot tub was luke warm, so we nixxed that. Yesterday morning I left my room at 6 to go to the fitness room, which was already full so I came back and did a Leslie Sansone walk that I had downloaded. Today, I left at a quarter til 6, the stupid room was still full. there are around 800-900 rooms in this hotel and they have two treadmills?  Grr..... So I walked laps up and down the hall of my floor for 30 minutes. It is too cold to go outside and I am sorry, but it just doesn't feel safe. If I were in Springfield, I could go to the fitness center I belong to up there, the one that has no less than 50 treadmills........Grr again.  I told my boss yesterday that I had a bad attitude, she normally replies that I need to get over it. Yesterday, her reply was, "I think we all do".

The bright spot has been the food. We went to Texas Roadhouse Tuesday night, and Joe's Crab Shack last night. I have been good but I figure I will still pay for eating out for three days. I had prime rib Tuesday, and only ate half, I had grilled shrimp last night, but it was stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon, I said I was good, not a saint!

Andrew made me send him a picture of the Prime Rib, here it is....




So, meetings today, lunch here and then we start home. Marsha (our Executive Director) went home last night because she has a board meeting tonight, Cathy, Sharon and I hope to start home around 3:30 this evening, which should put me home around 8:30 or 9:00, then back to the grind tomorrow.

Oh, I can't forget, my room..... I always have some oddity about my rooms in Peoria. The last time we were here, we stayed at a hotel that was going through a remodel, my room looked like Freddy Kruger had stayed there, the wallpaper was all scrapped in a million different directions.  This time...

I have what appears to be a bullet hole, stuffed with some kind of gum like substance, and yes, that is my window. Two of my three windows have had the seal broke between the double paned glass--if it really is a bullet hole I probably don't want to see out anyway.....


Happy Thursday!




No comments: