Saturday, April 27, 2013

Ahhh......

It has been an exciting, crazy two weeks at our house. We love having company and have made a marathon event of it. So, as much as I love company and my family, I am looking forward to a little down time.
My sis and her hubby was here on the 13th and 14th, that visit seemed so short, but it was good to see them. My father-in-law and his girlfriend came on the 17th and just left the country yesterday morning. When they come they stay out at the state park in their motor home, so they come and go. Unfortunate to the timing was the fact I had a big meeting yesterday so I worked late on several evenings that they were visiting. We still had a good visit which included dinner out last Friday night, Breakfast Saturday morning, lunch Saturday, a trip to the outlet mall at Tuscola and several homecooked meals from us and from them. It was a good visit.

Now to settle back into the thick of things here at home. I wanted to play in the dirt today and get flowers set out and my yard to looking better. I have so many plans this year and I want to get started. One of the ladies at work yesterday saw that we have freeze warnings again for late next week...not good, so my flowers wait AGAIN, I did actually go buy a new rose arbor last night and I hope to get the old dilapidated one out and the new one in as well as clean up my roses, tulips, iris, and peonies patches. I also need to bag up the pea gravel in my long bed and get ready to replant it. That will be a start.

We bought a new tiller so I am ready to get the other ones going, and next Saturday is already booked so now I am shooting for two weeks from today to finish the beds.

So, this morning I still get to play in the dirt a little, this afternoon we need to go to Terre Haute, Andrew is wanting a new pair of boots for his new job.

Wednesday he got to meet the staff and just seems to think they are all remarkable. He has finished all the paperwork and is now waiting on the drug screen and background checks to be done. We know he's good there so it is just a matter of waiting.

Funny thing is, when he was hired, he was told he would probably have to go to Springfield for a few days of training first. On Wednesday, they said they were shooting for May 6th to be his first day of work. Neat thing is, I am leaving for the IACAA conference on May 5th, in Springfield. So, if he has to go to Springfield for a few days, we will actually be in the same time. Yep, I have already asked permission to have a man in my room :-).

That Friday, the 10th, my baby boy graduates from OCC with an associates in applied science and his Automotive Tech certificate. He is hoping to find a job in his field from there so this is probably his last of college. Of course, he is PRAYING he gets to keep his job at NAPA. He loves it over there and it is a job that uses his knowledge. He could do that daily and work on friends and family's cars of an evening, which would just be a great balance for him. He took the El Camino to school and of course, it will be coming home in a couple of weeks too, hopefully with all the wiring redone. He has done a lot to it but has a ways to go.

So, as we look into May, seems we have a lot of bright futures here at the Browning house. I thank the Lord every morning for this awesome life and truly can't believe He has given it to us.

Have a wonderful, blessed, Saturday!

No comments: