Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The moment that made my day

FINALLY!!!  After 12 weeks, I got the scales to really move!  As many of you know I started my Weight Watchers journey back in July. By Christmas I had lost 35 lbs and I hit 40 lbs in January. Then I went to the hospital, and I have struggled to get back to actually loosing weight. Part of me is proud of the fact that I was at least able to not gain a bunch and I even had my doctor trying to explain to me why now that I am "better", I couldn't get the weight to start coming off again. I had been on the prednisone before I went to the hospital and was losing so what made this so different? My body was healing, getting healthier than it had been forever and it (according to Doc Peterson) needed to hold on to every bit of food it was getting because it was rebuilding. He promised me that if I stayed on task that when my body really started liking where I was at, medically, I would start losing again. I went off prednisone three weeks ago, the first week, I lost .4 lbs, the next .6. knowing I have close to 100 lbs to lose yet made the prospects of half a pound a week seem unattainable. it would take me 4 years to lose the 100 lbs. I knew I had a good week, but the last two weeks, Monday mornings looked a lot better than Monday evenings. So last night when Janet said I was down 2.4 lbs, it made my day, heck, it made my year!

This morning I get up and I am down again!  Yep, life is falling back into place and my doctor, once again, proved himself right because I knew I was doing everything exactly like I was supposed to and thank the Lord, I didn't give up on myself or my body.

Next week, we are supposed to have show and tell at Weight Watchers. We are supposed to take a picture of our anchor. Of course, my anchor this time is my Chrysler 200, it is still up in the air if it is a convertible or not but it is what I am taking.

I am back to sitting goals of 5 lbs every 2 weeks, that is more than a lb a week but less than 2 lbs, before Christmas, I was making the 5 lbs most of the time in 2 weeks but I don't want to get over zealous. I know there will come a time when I will go back to the 1/2 pound a week, as long as it doesn't happen until I am less than 50 lbs from my goal, I will be fine with that because honestly at that time, I should be looking decent anyway,

So, here's to the next goal of 45 lbs by May 13th.....bring it on!

3 comments:

Patty said...

You are really starting to get the "thinner side" of you FAST. From someone who sees you only once a week....I can tell a difference but when you were standing up talking last Friday, You looked even better!!!!!Good for you!!!GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

Patty said...

You are really starting to get the "thinner side" of you FAST. From someone who sees you only once a week....I can tell a difference but when you were standing up talking last Friday, You looked even better!!!!!Good for you!!!GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

Browningblog said...

Thanks Patty!!