Thursday, January 24, 2013

My blog friends

Thought I would do a little "advertising" for my blogger friends. I hate how many blogger friends I have lost since the arrival of facebook but I am happy that there are a few of us that still use our blogs.

I thought I would share a little bit about the people who take up the space to the right.

 
 
 
 
At the top of our list tonight is my next-door neighbor Carie, she and her husband Norman have 4 great kids and she homeschools the youngest two. She is also into doing crafts, especially knitting.
 
Next you see the Blond Ambition, this one is hard for me. This is Ashley and although she is a friend, when she was in 5th and 6th grade, she was one of my AWANA girls. Now she is married, teaching and getting ready to be a first-time mommy. Right now she is tracking the weeks to Baby Jansen and I laugh and cry at a lot of her entries. She is going to be such a great mom and she has a great life. It is fun to get to peak into it.
 
The Stewarts in Africa.....definitely from farthest away but with pretty close ties to Jasper county. This is Tim and Alicia Stewart who left almost a year ago to be missionaries in Africa. Alicia's mom and dad are Ted and Debbie Rhoades, her grandma is June Cook who lives at Rose Hill. Ted and Alice Marrs are her great aunt and uncle. I have literally watched Alicia grow up and watching them take this tremendous journey is amazing.
 
Patty's Journey of Faith. Patty is from Olney, she was my boss when I first started at ERBA and I still count her as one of my very best friends. In February of 2011 she was diagnosed with a rare form of liver cancer. I will never forget the phone call as long as I live and wish it would have never came.  The blog is her journey, her remarkable journey not only with the cancer but with her own faith in God.
 
The Cadence in My Head--this is Amy's blog. Amy and I went to high school together and more importantly were members of the Newton Marching Eagles together.
 
Then there is Rhonda's Ramblings. I count Rhonda as a friend even though I have never met her. The wonders of facebook. Rhonda went to school with Andrew. One day over a year ago, Andrew tells me that Rhonda is a published Christian fiction author--I love Christian fiction so I started finding all her books and I love them! I am reading Groom By Arrangement right now because I won it (yeah me!) I now have two autographed books from Rhonda. My favorite is still What's in Your Closet but they are all good. I am hoping that by some chance we get to go to Andrew's reunion this fall and I might get to meet Rhonda, as well as a couple of other women that Andrew graduated with that I have become friends with myself.
 
So, if you have a little extra time, click to the right and enjoy my friends!

No comments: