Sunday, July 1, 2012

Welcome to July!

I survived June!! I am about to think I need a t-shirt to celebrate. It was definatley a whirlwind month but I am still very happy to have been in it. Can you believe it is July already? This year is half over, and to look back at Christmas and realize how much has happened, it's just a little unreal.

I told my mom this week, this is the month we are going to get our lives back to normal. If you think about it, things have been out of sorts since the 23rd of February, that's a long time for an organziational freak not to have any organization!

So, yesterday, I made a new menu for July, filling in the nights that Andrew and Robert are in charge of supper-- color coded of course, then Andrew, who has told me he would have a set schedule so he could cook every Wednesday and Thursday, tells me he has to work week after next on Thursday. I told him to trade wih Robert on cooking nights that week and go on. But yes, I was a little upset that my nice neat menu already wasn't perfect, oh well.

Now for the excitement of July:  my father-in-law and his girlfriend should be here before the day is over. Hopefully, we can have a family outing on Wednesday, I am looking at Indianapolis then back to Casey for fireworks. The 11th, I have a training with Rural Development for a new project we are taking on. The 11th and 12, we also have LIHEAP monitoring from the state....still working on getting ready for that and then, here it comes....the 13th (which happens to be FRIDAY the 13th) I am taking the day off!

And maybe a few days the next week too!

I started the Experience Works class Thursday evening, I have 10 students, all over 55, it is going to be a fun class to say the least. It runs through the 14th of August, which is just in time to get ready for LIHEAP to start September 1, so without really thinking about it, I kinda screwed myself out of a weeks vacation for the summer. I may still take a week the first week of August and just come in for class, we will have to wait and see on that.

One neat thing though, I got paid seperate for Experience Works and had some expense checks saved up so yesteday I went and ordered new furniture for my living room. The furniture I had up there was okay but honestly I gave less than $100 for all of it on ebay and the couch clashed with the chairs so it had always been slipcovered. I am so in love with what we are getting! I had wanted feet and curves, this is in the room with the fireplace so it is more formal. I fell in love with a fabric and low and behold, I could get the chairs in that fabric, which has lots of green and browns but also some fushia and orange. The couch is going to be chocolate brown and it will be here by the end of the month.

Also big news this month, one of my bucket list items was to get my friends together. We are doing that on the 28th!

Yep, July looks promising, I have never had so many times though that I have thought to myself, "We make plans and God laughs", I do know nothing has to go as planned but hopefully God thinks we have been around the mountains enough this year and just lets things be calm for a while.

Happy July AND Happy Sunday! 

No comments: