Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week in Review

This week has been a duesy to say the least. Monday we finally got the word that we were starting a cooling program for our seniors and households with children under 5. I waited all day on Friday for the announcement and it didn't happen. Monday morning, I was told it would be announced sometime that day and sure enough, about 3 that afternoon, it came and was to start on Wednesday. Not much time to prepare but it looks like our field offices handled it with flying colors. I had tested the system the week before and it worked fine but when you get a thousand people accessing it at the same time instead of the three or four that was on it last week, you always run into problems so eventhough the first day didn't go smoothly, it went and that is the important thing.

Tuesday evening was my Experience Works class, they are doing very well and finished a flier this week. I am hoping they are all learning because I am focusing on making sure I don't leave anyone in the dust.

One day last week, I went to Weatherization to work on their emails, I brought home 5 brand new Toughbooks that they guys are going to start using to do their workorders and paperwork on instead of hand writing them and bringing them back to the office and putting them in the system. I have them all programed and when I went to put in their paperwork, I realized there was some things that could be done to make the process more user-friendly, so  have also spent the last few days turning regular documents into electronic documents. The guys are coming Tuesday morning for their training, I have one document that is 20 pages long that I haven't finished yet and will probably take some time but the rest of them are ready. There are days I am pulled between all the IT stuff and the LIHEAP stuff. LIHEAP has my heart as does the cause of our work in general but there are days the IT stuff is just a fun challenging diversion.

Friday evening, we went with Kelly to her TRiO Showcase. Her grandmother couldn't go and I think there should always be somebody there for a young person who is trying to achieve great things so Andrew and I took her. She got an award for perfect attendance and we know she had over 100% as far as her grades. Her main class was speech and that particular teacher didn't give any awards, he didn't even bother showing up, which bugs me but oh well. It is 6:41 a.m. on Sunday morning and Robert left at 6 to run Kelly to Olney to meet the bus and head to Chicago for 4 days. They have a lot to do and I hope she has a great time. I am envious of a couple of them because she is going to Medieval Times and having dinner on on of the Yachts, I love Medieval times and have never gotten to do the dinner thing. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Also, a little excitement that happened this week, my tickets for the Fox and the Muny came. Next Saturday evening, Andrew and I will go to the Muny to see Dreamgirls and September 1, Robert and I are going to the Fox to see The Lion King. Two more things off my bucket list!

Andrew and I went to Owensboro last night to Moonlite BBQ, I found this place a few years ago as a stop on one of our vacations, I found it from the Food Network and when we realized it is only a half hour south of Evansville, we realized it could be a great "someplace to run away to", so we did, they have BBQ buffet, with beef, pork, chicken, mutton and fried shrimp. It is always so good and last nigh was no different.

All in all a good week, busy as usual, but good. Now to start another busy week today. It's Simple Blessings Sunday, where a few of us from church go to sing to an assisted living facility in Casey and then to a couple from our church who can't get out. I love this day, it i a huge blessing for me.

Kelly getting her award Friday night

Yeah! My tickets to two of my favorite places!

Happy Sunday Everyone, May God send you a great week!

No comments: