Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mark another of the bucket list- we made it to the Muny!

First off, I have to tell you, I am getting really used to Andrew being off at 11 every Saturday. We have never had that. Normally, he would get a Saturday or two off every couple months, this is about as perfect as it can get. I get to spend the morning cleaning house and doing all my "Saturday" stuff and then he is home and we can do something.

This week we headed to the Muny, what a wonderful date night. On the way down, I told him to pick where we were eating supper......the Old Spaghetti Factory was his choice! I love that place and have managed to eat there once a month for the past three months (trying to figure out how NOT to break the trend!). So we started with dinner then went to the Muny. The preshow was a dance troupe and they were amazingly good. Then to the show. 31 years ago, Jennifer Holliday made Effie White famous. Jennifer Holliday came to the Muny to play Effie one more time.  I worried how this would be as we saw Grease one time that the actors were much older than they should have been. Jennifer Holliday was very capable of pulling it off. And of course, as she belted out the last of And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going, the crowd was on their feet. Wow, she has a set of pipes.  The whole show was amazing and we even managed to make it home without too much sleepiness. We stopped at Vandalia and got MickeyD fries and one more drink but we made it home right before 2.

I didn't take pictures at the Muny just because they don't like for you too, we were in section A so we had great seats. Andrew and I each took a picture of each other at the OSF though and Andrew took pictures of our food. Can you tell the boy likes toasted ravioli? Should I tell you we split an order for appetizers too?




No comments: