Saturday, June 23, 2012

What a week, and one to come....

So, in just another hour or so, Robert and I are heading back to Springfield to look at him a car, or an SUV, more specifically. He has decided he wants a Grand Cherokee and bless his heart, he has been just as diligent this time in his search as he was with the Stratus. The thing looks really nice on line and he has ran the carfax, etc, and we are hoping it is what we think it is. It will be good to be back to having three cars again. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks, we will have 4! Andrew has found a truck he likes too, and as I said the other day, the sooner we get away from taking the Jeep to Effingham everyday, the better.

It has been a busy week, and peppered with getting the profit sharing where it belongs. I have to tell you, I am not impressed with Merrill Lynch this week. Monday, they were to cut a check to us. On Wednesday, when the check hadn't came, I looked and low and behold, our money was still in their account. We called, Andrew and I both on the line (this will be important in a minute) and they said there was a clerical error and the check came back to them. SO, I said, WIRE it to our bank account, they said no problem, took the information and told us we needed to fax a statement from Andrew stating it was fine to do this. We did that Wednesday evening before 7 p.m. The next day, the Merrill Lynch account was showing a zero balance and our bank account wasn't showing the money. Andrew called a little after 1, the money had been wired at 12:15. I called our bank, nothing. So we waited. At 5:30, Merrill Lynch called and said it had been sent back because it was a joint account and they didn't know that--hello???  We were BOTH on the phone, giving you all the account info and you never ASKED if it was a joint account???? Anyway, we did it all again and FINALLY yesterday morning, the money was safe and sound in our bank account. We had left the IRA account with them, now we are not so sure that is what we want to do.......Anyway....

I have to tell you, I have an assistant that is out of this world. If it were not for her, I would probably be at work right now. I have had so many irons in the fire this week that I didn't know where to start and she jumped in and did some things I hadn't expected her to do and it made all the difference in the world. I feel like I have a handle on things now and it is largely in part to Sheila.

This coming week is THE week to get through. Monday, we leave at 10:30 for Bloomington, we are stopping in Champaign to meet Marsha, our Executive Director, who has an appointment up there that morning and then on to Bloomington. Tuesday is the day I am part of the panel, I have my parts ready but I am still really nervous about it. There will be a LOT of people to speak in front of.

I will be home from there Wednesday evening and Thursday is our first class. This is another place where Sheila is filling in the gaps for me, she is going to get all of that set up because the computers will need to update before class.

Marsha also asked if Brenda and I would present to the Board of Directors Thursday evening. My part is to educate them on the PIPP program.

I had thought a bit about taking Friday off but realized at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, I am to drop all my PIPP clients who don't have appointments, the no-shows, so, there it is. It's gonna be a wild and crazy week.

Tomorrow we go to Simple Blessings though, that is a good start to my week, I always get a blessing out of doing this. We just go and sing and visit, but the people seem to really enjoy it.

Time to get this show on the road, I better go get ready to go.

Happy Saturday!

No comments: