Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What a Tuesday!

Yesterday was one of those crazy but typical Browning days. I had to go to Springfield, Andrew had to have a series of shots in his back and Robert had a dentist appointment. I thought, of all those, Andrew's shots would be the most eventful....turns out that was wrong.

I am sitting in my meeting at Springfield and get this text

"I have to have my wisdom teeth cut out"

Really??? He's 17! I HONESTLY thought he was joking since it was the first time he had went to the dentist by himself.

Next text:

"Yes, really"

Okay, I was just totally unprepared for that one and now that it has sunk in, it is fine but it did throw me for a loop. Of course, overprotective isn't even the word you can use for me when it comes to Robert. I was just sick because I know him, things like this kinda put him in a panic.

I didn't get home until about 8:30 last night, he got home at 9, walked in the door, white as a sheet and his dad said "What's wrong" and he said, "I think I swallowed fluoride at the dentist, I have been sick at my stomach ever since I left there. I puked at band this evening." and I said I thought it was nerves and he said he believed that was probably the real reason so we talked about it. His worries: being put out, missing band and missing the pops concert. I pretty well put his mind at ease about the last two. We will get in to do the consultation but I really imagine I can talk a doctor into doing this either over Thanksgiving or Christmas vacation. The teeth aren't through yet. His biggest thing about being put out was that he was afraid he would still feel. The surgeon we are going to is the same one that pulled a couple of my wisdom teeth a few years ago and I assured Robert he is very good.

To top it off, I have to say I am REALLY thankful to Walmart for having good dental and health insurance. Andrew's shots yesterday will start out costing us between $1600 and $2000. By the time our part comes around, it will be down to between $150 and $200. A small price to pay for the relief it brings. I don't even want to think about how much Robert's will cost initially, but I know the insurance will pay a bunch and it will be doable.

Usually, it is my trip to Springfield (and the subsequent shopping) that cost the household the most in a day. I had a per diam check for supper and gas, and actually spent less than $40 the whole day. So it was me that was the cheap one (last week's trip to Springfield was a different story, but I'm just talking about yesterday :-) ).

Anyway, I think by the time we hit the hay, I had gotten used to the fact my baby boy is going to be put under and have stitches in his mouth, Andrew had about 15 needle pricks in his back and though he says there is a lot of pressure from all the "stuff" they put in, his back isn't hurting and Robert seemed to have been relieved of most of his fears.

Life is an adventure.......

No comments: