Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mother-Son Day

August 8th was mine and Robert's annual "St. Louis Shopping Day". It was just about as perfect as perfect could be. We left home a little before 8 after seeing Andrew get home and ready for bed. We stopped in Effingham at Ryans for Breakfast, then on to St. Louis Mills. Our main goals was to find Robert a cool new leather jacket, a new messenger bag that would hold a laptop (if he would happen to get one sometime around, oh, say Christmas)a couple pair of jeans and a new pair of sneakers. Well, we found it all plus some socks, some polo shirts and yet another t-shirt. I came home with money in my pocket- along with some new clothes for me too!

We ate at Chevy's at the Mills for lunch, it was 2:00 before we got around to eating lunch, turned out to be a good thing because we shopped too long, got stuck in traffic and didn't get a chance to eat supper before our show. Robert thought he was starving, so he got the fajitas that had everything and I mean everything! I tried to be good and ordered a taco salad, it was still huge and I didn't finish it.
After all our shopping we headed to the Muny to see Hairspray. I LOVED this production. It has been my favorite so far out of all the Muny plays we have seen. Edna stole the show but everybody was wonderful, and the dancing was wonderful. Robert has been "Roma"tized though. At one point in time, he thought there and I quote, "Should have been stronger background choreography there." Once he said it, I realized what he was talking about. Linc was being backed up by the guys, old Detroit style, and the backup singers weren't doing as much as they could have. I had to laugh.


When Robert and I first started going to the Muny, we sat way up at the top. One of these days, I am probably going to end up with season tickets, the drawback is I would have to purchase season tickets for the Blues too and that turns into a LOT of trips to St. Louis!





I can't believe we only have one more year to go school shopping, we will have to have a new excuse to go to the Muny, we will have to start a new tradition.

2 comments:

Amber M said...

I went to the Muny Saturday night with my Mother-in-Law. That was my first time ever going there. I loved it. My mother in law has season tickets. I had a lot of fun and would love to go back and see other shows.

BTW, what section were you in?

Browningblog said...

We were in section A7, this was our first season of sitting in A. Can't believe we were both there-- wasn't it great? I loved Edna, he/she was hilarious!