Monday, August 17, 2009

Turning 42

I don't believe I have ever had a single birthday that went exactly as I figured it would go. Yesterday was no exception. Saturday, Robert and I had planned to go to work for probably 3 hours while a new system was installed on one of the servers. We were then heading to Tuscola, where I would pick myself out something and call it my birthday from the guys. Well, at 5:30, when the people left work, Robert and I decided we weren't in the mood to drive to Tuscola, rush around and get our shopping done before the stores closed so we came home.

Even though I was going to buy the present myself, I was still feeling a bit dejected that I didn't get a birthday present for my birthday and I can't really say that I didn't. Mom had given me money a couple of weeks ago to get myself something in St. Louis and I bought a beautiful sweater set, my camera batteries are dead, pictures will have to come later.

Yesterday morning, Andrew came home, I was downstairs ironing a shirt for Robert. Robert had gotten me a really great card, and Andrew was bringing me his card. This was the normal routine. I brought Robert's shirt up and opened my bedroom door though and there on the bed was a gift bag! Okay????

When I opened the gift bag, Andrew had bought me this beautiful green cultured pearl necklace and earring set! It was gorgeous and so something I wouldn't have spent the money on myself!! Green is my favorite color and so I have tons of clothes green goes well with. Bottom line..Andrew did good!! I will have pictures of the necklace and earrings before the weeks out too.

The rest of my day was pretty nice, Mom and Robert took me out for lunch, a few of us from church went to Simple Blessings and sang and then church last night. All in all, just a great day that I really expected to be a bit of a bummer.

Except for the fact that I think most of the time I feel more like 24 than 42, I ended out having a pretty great birthday. (And Robert reminded me that I still need to buy myself something from him!- not bad at all)

No comments: