Thursday, August 29, 2013

Finally

August 29th, 2013..... the first day of the roof project. The one I have been trying to establish since May. The thing is, through all the blunders, I believe I have found the perfect contractor for us as he seems to treasure the same little oddities of our house that we do. He came by yesterday and told Robert they were starting today. I had to go to Olney this morning so I ran by on my way. They were just getting everything delivered. So I got to see my roof first the first time......or our roof, but it was what my heat desired and that was what Andrew said he cared about.

Now, anyone who knows me knows that I love green but I also don't ever want to be like everyone else. The green on other houses, except for one in T-town, seems to be forest. When I saw the yellow house in T-town with the patina green roof, I was in love. So, I found the roof, and then I had to find the right guy to find it for me local. And I did just that.

When I showed up this morning, he told me to come and see my roof. I said I was in love and he said that was what he wanted to hear.

So, this evening, I came home and walked around the house and got very excited. I didn't realize they were replacing as much as they were. They have the first piece of color up!

So, onward we go...



No comments: