Sunday, August 4, 2013

Checkin' in on the bucket list

It seems this summer has been spent spinning my wheels so I decided I better check in and see if I could even update the "bucket list" at all. To my pleasant surprise, it's not quite as bad as I thought, and there are some things that just need changed, so let's take a look...

1) Sign up and walk a 5K--actually did this June 1, in less than 55 minutes--I was really reaching for an hour. Now, all the house related stuff:
2) Siding the house-- contractor was here Friday night, scheduled to start in 2-3 weeks!!
 3) Roof the house--contractor was here Friday night, scheduled to start in 2-3 weeks!!
4) Get a new furnace and A/C Done!!
5) New gravel in the driveway--gonna call this week and see if we can get this done.
6) Gut Robert's room and paint--we need rid of the airplanes. This I am putting off, see below 

Then the "Me" stuff

7) Hit the 65 lb mark on my weight loss journey -- hope to see 53 this week!
 8) Start over with the couch to 5K and do it faithfully (gonna start Monday the 17th) I'm taking my own time this time, I am doing week 3 for the second time.
9) Get a pedicure
10) get a manicure
11) Plan a month of workouts and stick to it (July) I didn't make this, maybe this month!

The the family stuff
  12) Get away for a day-actually done this a couple of times, Robert and I are taking a day this Saturday too.
13) Get away for the weekend--hopefully this can include Robert but we will see. Done
14) Help Robert on his house--we have a bit more on mom's and then we will start, I'm not going to redo his room because since he got a job, it looks like he could move in the next couple of months. Just gonna wait until that happens and redo the room instead of trying to do it with all his stuff in it.
15) Help Andrew with his next project (my mom's back porch) in progress
 16) Help Andrew with his next, next project ( a headboard for our bed--yep, still on the list) moved further down the list, but still there

  Then, last, just the stuff I want, or NEED to get going on.
  17) Redo the basement--it's a wreck!! especially since we had a flood a few weeks ago. One of my main projects planned for vaca
 18) set up my craft area--I haven't scrapbooked faithfully IN TWO YEARS!! This too
 19) Finish the laundry room--for now anyway. also that week
20) Make a new reading list--although that is the one thing I haven't fell short on :-) --as I stated, this is not a problem. Just started reading a new series through Love Inspired, The  Without a Trace series. The first book, What Sarah Saw, was awesome! Just started Framed! last night.

No comments: