Tuesday, June 25, 2013

5 Weight Watcher Worthy Breakfasts

Everyone who comes to my blog on a regular basis knows I have been going to Weight Watchers for almost 11 months now, the gain (or technically loss) right at the moment is a little over 45 lbs. This month, Andrew, who doesn't need to lose a lot, but has acquired that "middle-age spread" has started going with me. 3 weeks in and he is down 7 lbs. So far, so good.

If you attend meetings, you know with the Weight Watchers 360 program, every month, you have a new habit to create. This month is eating breakfast. I had, ever since I started, taken my breakfast to work, and it was pretty much the same thing--a Yoplait light yogurt and a banana. On rare occasions, I would change out the fruit, but always the yogurt. I have UC and the yogurt helps my tummy troubles, even if I don't eat it every day for breakfast anymore, I still make sure I get at least one in a day.

Anyway, back to my original story......I decided with Andrew and I both needing to eat, I would get going a few minutes earlier each morning and fix breakfast. We sit down, together, at 6:30 every morning and it's great. When Robert was younger, I fixed him breakfast every morning, but when he hit high school, he would rather eat at school with his friends or run to Casey's or Hardee's. Not the healthiest in the world but he is very good about his eating habits as a whole, so I'm not worried. The added bonus of connecting with each other before we even walk out the door though is really nice.

Again, Anyway.....I went to my favorite spot to get ideas for breakfast--Pinterest, and didn't find many. So, I started planning our breakfasts a week at a time, I have three weeks worth but am sharing my 5 favorites. 

Here we go.

First off, if you are really crazy in the morning, you can do most of this the night before:

1 Thomas Whole Wheat Bagel Thin, 3 Points+, 1 TBSP Philadelphia 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese Spread, 1 Points+, 2 Hard Boiled eggs, 4 Points+ and kiwi, 0 points+. Yoplait Light yogurt, 2 Points+ Total = 10 Points+.


Next,

This is a Buena Vida Whole Wheat Tortilla for Low Carb Diets--2 Points+, 1/4 cup egg beaters-- 1 Points+, a Great Value precooked Turkey Sausage patty--2 Points+, a Yoplait Yogurt--2 Points+ and honeydew--0 Points+. Total Points+=7.

I make my egg beaters and sausage in the microwave. I heat the sausage for 30 seconds to thaw it, chop it in to little pieces, spray Pam in a microwave safe bowl, add the egg beaters, stir in the sausage bits and microwave it for 1-1/2 minutes. It makes it's own little circle and I chop it again, just for looks, but you wouldn't have too, it would be less messy, like to take in the car to leave it in its form. You can also add a tablespoon of salsa, for 0 Points+ and give it a little zing. ((and if you have never tried the Whole Wheat tortillas, they are truly better than regular for wraps, they are SO soft!).


This is an Eggo Nutrigrain Waffle 2 Points+, with two Great Value Turkey Sausage Patties, 4 Points+,  1/4 cup Sugar Free Syrup, 1 Points+ and 1 TBSP light margarine, 1 Points+. Yoplait yogurt, 2 Points+,  Apples and Blueberries, 0 Points+. Total Points+= 10 this was my husbands, I only fixed myself 1 sausage so mine was 8.

It is starting to look like all we eat is turkey sausage, that's not right. I just didn't get pictures of the rest. Here are a couple more great, quick ideas though.

Canadian Bacon Muffin

1 Healthy Life 100% Whole Wheat English Muffin = 2 Points+,
5 slices Canadian Bacon= 1 Points+
1 Kraft Deli Deluxe 2% Cheese slice (Tracker says 2 P+, but actual nutrition label makes it 1 Points+ value)
1 Yoplait Yogurt= 2 Points+
1 Peach = 0 Points+
Total Points+ = 6
(I make the bacon and cheese as a sandwich, also something you could eat on the run).

Mushroom and Swiss Omelet

Sautéed mushrooms ( spray of Pam, in a nonstick pan, but you could also use your oil for this and add the Points+ value) = 0 Points+. 1 slice of the packaged deli slices Swiss cheese (I used Great Value and the Points+ was 2). 1/2 cup egg beaters= 2 Points+ , made in a non-stick pan, then added the mushrooms and Swiss and folded over for an omelet, Total Points+ = 4.

I also served a cup of skim milk, 2 Points+ and 1 slice reduced calorie, whole wheat bread, 1 Points+ and 1/2 TBSP light margarine, 1 Points+. Total breakfast Points+ = 8.

As far as my shopping habits, 95% of my groceries comes from either Walmart or Aldi, once in a blue moon, I get to shop at a Kroger or Schnucks. Hopefully, the things I mentioned are available nationwide.

Happy Weight Watching!







No comments: