Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Dr. Day

Monday May 20th, 2013, 12:20 p.m. My 3 month doctor visit. Dr. Peterson is so predictable, yesterday I posted this on fb:

Guess what he wants to do?  I even TOLD him, I posted it on fb. He laughed. The thing is, he walked in the room and asked how I was, and I said, "Fantastic" and he said he knew I would say that. Then he asked, how I REALLY was, and still I told him I was fantastic. He asked how many bowel movements a day was fantastic? I said 5, and seriously people, 5 isn't bad at all. Two before work, one in the morning, one in the afternoon and then one of an evening. I am perfectly happy with that. He asked how many good days to bad, I said 10 to 1. He said we can do better. I feel like I kid who got an A+ on the test but missed the bonus question. He did say something really cute though, he said, "you are kinda like a locomotive, you steam right through life on fire even though a lot of the time, you are pretty sick". I finally convinced him that I was fantastic though, after my physical exam he finally said, yes, you are doing really well. Told ya' so! 

I also told him I am planning on walking my first 5K a week from Saturday and next year, I plan on running the same 5K. He said that wasn't a good idea. I asked why. His answer is running is hard on your joints, cycle it's easier on you. I told him I have been fat all my life and I am not planning on running a marathon but I AM planning on running that 5K. He told me not to cry to him when I hurt myself. Oh he is something.....

I really do owe him so much though, I felt like he took the time to research things and got my life back for me.

So, back to work today, CRAZY day. I don't see it letting up anytime soon. And then the monitor comes the first week in June. Yep, crazy life, but I'm lovin' every minute of it!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: