Saturday, May 11, 2013

Another Milestone in the Books

May10th, 2013; the day the first member of our household graduated from college. I made the statement yesterday that he finally gets the piece of paper that says he knows how to do what he has been doing since he was 5. He know has a degree in Automotive Technology. When he was 5, unbeknownst to us, he took my mom's riding mower apart. Amazingly, he put it back together and it still ran. My dad was also a mechanic and I had that really eerie feeling, that eventhough I don't believe in reincarnation, he had to have something "built in"  to make him be able to do that especially since my dad died 12 years before Robert was born.

There is a lot going on in his world. He is still working at Parklanes, on call to work at Napa and he has a trip coming up. He is flying to Seattle to bring his "brother" Adam's car home while Adam goes to Afghanistan. That should happen right around the first of June. He is also spending lots of time at the farm, trying to clean the place up and helping his Nana with her garden there. He probably is not going to get hot and heavy on looking for a mechanic's job until he gets through all of this.

Congratulations Robert, you have no idea how proud your dad and I are.





2 comments:

Preemie mom said...

Way to go Robert

Browningblog said...

Isn't it crazy, can't believe where the time has gone!