Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I made it to 20!

Usually whatever I weigh on Monday morning with my clothes on is exactly what I weigh on Monday night at weigh-in. I was a little upset this morning when I got on the scales and it was giving me a 2.4 lb weight loss. I needed 2.6 to hit my goal of 20 lbs. I have learned a lot from my past mistakes with weight watchers and I spent the day telling myself a 2.4 lb weight loss was nothing to sneeze at.

When I got to work, we were celebrating a birthday. My first instinct was, "I have to weigh tonight, so I am going to avoid the whole thing", then I thought, no, this is life, deal with it. Luckily someone had brought pineapple, grapes and orange slices and somebody else brought raspberries. I filled my plate with fruit, and stood and ate with everyone else--you can have all the fruit you want on WW with zero points plus values. At lunch, I ate my sandwich, my two cheese sticks and my banana. In the old days, I would have starved myself on weigh-in day knowing how close I was to my goal. I have found out though that starving myself just leads to a binge which leads to a setback and .2 lbs was not worth it. If I did normal stuff today, I will still do normal stuff tomorrow and the .2 will be gone along with some more next week.

When I got to my weigh-in, I told Janet, my "weigher", that even if it flashed blank.blank pounds for a second, I wanted it. Janet is older and has a very dry sense of humor. She said, "It's not flashing, it's just sitting there.". Which meant I DID IT!!!!!

I bought a new outfit Saturday evening because it was a size smaller. I went from a 22 to a 20. First of many to come. A friend of mine has lost a lot of weight and cleaned out her closet, she gave me a bunch of her 20's, 18's and 16's. I have worn two of her size 20 dresses to church. I have several more I can fit into. I went on a mini shopping spree in my attic Sunday morning and came down with more size 20 stuff. It is official, I wear a 20. I am hoping to wear an 18 by Christmas.

If you read the beginning of this journey, my goal, first BIG goal anyway is to be out of plus sized clothes so I can buy myself a convertible. I am very close to hitting my 10% though and at that point I will have to pick my ultimate goal. I think it will be 125 lbs. I don't remember ever weighing 125. I weighed 135 in jr. high and 150 in high school. When I got married I weighted 145. I have so many goals now though that I can hit. another 14.4 and I will be what I weighed when I started working at Greenup, add another 25 to that and you see what I weighed when I started working for ERBA.  Take 16 lbs off that and it is what I weighed the day I came home from the hospital from having Robert and the list goes on.

So, now, I know I have over 100 lbs left to lose so I am far from being able to really give anyone advice but let me tell you about my experience with Weight Watchers. First off, I went out to eat last week, several times. Saturday I went out twice, to the bowling alley for lunch and to Cracker Barrel for supper. It was a successful day because first off, I planned, second, I figured out the things I wanted and the things I could do with out. I wanted Chicken livers at dinner. I love chicken livers so I figured the points on those, which is figured at a cup of fried ones. Then I decided I could have a baked potato and carrots. When she asked about bread I said I would just prefer her not bring me any. My mom is diabetic and doesn't do bread well either so she got chicken and rice and asked for no bread either. When my food came I made a fist and figured out how many of the livers I could have, (a fist is about the same size as a cup), I sat two big livers aside. I took the butter off my potato because a little had melted on it and put about a third of my sour cream on it. I ate all my carrots first (zero points), I ate about half of my potato and all but two of my livers. I asked for a doggy bag and truly brought the liver and the potato home to the girls. They got to eat Cracker Barrel that night too. The coolest thing is I had traveled on Thursday and Friday, so I ate out then too. It is all about choices. I have always loved Arby's chicken cordon bleu sandwich. Friday I found out I loved the roasted version even more. I love the potato bites but decided they weren't worth starving over. One of these days, I will just order the potato bites for lunch. So. along  the way I am learning, learning a new lifestyle, one that is doable for the rest of my life.

So, onward to the next goals, I signed up for the 8 weeks to Thanksgiving challenge and have committed to 2lbs a week so normally my goal is 5 lbs in the next 3 weeks, but this time it is 6 lbs in the next three weeks. When I make goal, I will be down 36 lbs by Thanksgiving. How cool would that be!


Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments: