Monday, October 8, 2012

My latest reads

I have read a two really great series lately, one of them isn't complete, (anyone who personally knows Lynette Eason--tell her I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting the next book). Somehow, the fact that for a few years of my life, I strongly, strongly debated going back to school for law enforcement triggers me liking Lynette's books. When I caught shoplifters for Walmart, my mentor was ex-military intelligence; had I not started dating Andrew and had the whirlwind courtship and marriage, I may have ended up down that path. Anyway.....


 There are unanswered questions and "When A Heart Stops" just came out October 1, I preordered and was thrilled Monday morning when it was on my nook waiting for me :-). But now I have another wait.......

The other series I just finished was also brought on by Lynette Eason, I actually read her book first and then had to go back to the beginning and read all of them, so I read hers twice because I wanted everything to be in context.  I would LOVE for this to be a television series, I could see this family having many adventures but you could take the first couple of seasons just getting through the books as is. Wouldn't it be a novel idea to have a television series based on all Christian books.....maybe the Hallmark channel should pick them up. Just a thought.

This is the Fitzgerald Bay series, there are 6 books by 6 different authors, which was different but I always marvel at how people can spin a life out of these characters--something that I have to admit I am jealous of everyone who can do that. I have a good imagination but not good enough to take several lives, make them intertwine and make sense.









I also just found out that one of the other Lynette Eason book I read is also part of a continuity series by Love Inspired-- I read Threat of Exposure, but now need to read all the other in the Texas Rangers series.



No comments: