Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Big Sigh.

What a week! Seems like it has been more of a roller coaster than normal. Of course, Monday was weight watchers night and I was down a lb. I had struggled and so I was really happy. I have struggled even more this week so I am not expecting anything. I have went 12 weeks though and lost every week so I really don't have any reason to be upset if things don't go my way this week. I am kinda considering this a "regrouping" week. I have not been as faithful to exercise these last two weeks plus I had to up the prednisone, that combination and losing weight just isn't the best. Gonna try to go back down to the 5mg this week though and make a new commitment to working out again.

Tuesday Andrew and I took in the Covered Bridge Festival. Some of my friends had said it wasn't as great this year and I have to agree. I went looking for braided rugs, a dark colored afghan and bath salts. I came home with scarves, coffee, tea, a Christmas ornament and a calendar. The best part is I came home with money, always like when that happens but wish I would have found what I was looking for. On top of everything else, I guess Robert got home from school at 10:00 that morning, if he would have known, he would have just went with us.

Wednesday was AWANA, I am hoping this coming week to have our other boy back with us ats football got over last night. We had a guest speaker, this lady from Effingham who acts out Bible characters. She is fabulous, wish I could remember her name but she did Merriam, Moses' sister and it was very good, the kids were absolutely captivated. I have to tell you, this year, I am taking 3 little girls to AWANA. For the past 20 years I have taken a van-load of kids but 90% of the time, it has been a van-load of boys. It is a totally different atmosphere taking girls. The age the girls are now are the age the boys would have farting contest to see who could make me roll down the window the fastest. The girls bicker (they are all sisters) but most of their time is consumed with singing at the top of their lungs. Robert had made them a CD and the one they sing the loudest is "I'll Fly Away", kinda cool because I sing right along with them.

Thursday was a red-letter day for me. After about 2 months working for ERBA, I realized I wanted to do more than fill out the applications, I wanted to help be a voice for our clients when it came to how to administer these programs. I have worked in various capacities that have had an impact on the programs but Thursday afternoon, Maria, from DCEO called with an invitation to be on the PIPP steering committee. I am very honored to have the opportunity. This means that I will have a voice in how we do what we do with the PIPP program. To top it off, my friend Kathy, from our sister agency, CEFS, was asked also, which means I have someone to make the trips to Springfield with. In fact, there were three LAA's asked to newly participate in the steering committee. The other one was Community Contacts, whose coordinator is Nancy Kane-Richards, we call each other sisters from another mister, so I have very good company. Next Thursday, we will meet in Springfield, I am looking very forward to it.

Yesterday we had FCD recertification training. FCD is Family and Community Development. Our FCD training is to help us learn how to give a hand up, not a hand out; how to integrate our clients with their community and give them a sense of belonging and accomplishment as they pull themselves out of poverty. It was a good day spent with a lot of co-workers. I feel like I always grow when I come out of an FCD training. I have homework to do before I receive my recertification and I should have just done it this weekend but with the week I have had, I decided not to. I brought home the work that needed caught up because I missed Tuesday and that is probably enough. Of course this coming week I will try to get everything I can finished before Thursday and I believe we have another meeting the next week so everything should keep me on my toes.

So, now you understand the big sigh. Newton's Band Classic is this morning and I am going with my mom. Part of me really just wanted to stay in bed but I really do want to see the bands, and in a way it will be relaxing.

Happy Saturday everyone!

No comments: