Sunday, April 22, 2012

And Life Still Goes On

We are still having that calm, I truly believe it is a mixture of God giving us peace and all the prayers that are going up for us right now. You find out who your friends are, that is for sure and this week,  I found out I have more friends than I realized. They say friends crawl out of the woodwork when you have won the lottery. I think it means a lot more when friends crawl out of the woodwork and you did just the opposite. They are there because they want to be there, not because they think they are going to get something out of it. So a HUGE thank you to all our friends, for your friendship, concern and especially for the prayers.

So, Andrew's week has been eventful, he had an interview lined up last weekend with Casey's for last Tuesday. Monday morning at 10 after 8, he got a call for an interview with Pepsi. It was at 8:15 on Tuesday morning. That interview lasted almost 4 hours. He got a call Friday that he has a second interview at 2 this coming Tuesday. He also had a phone interview with Dollar General yesterday. He is supposed to get a phone call to set up a second interview with them some time this week.

On our last regular night of AWANA, we took our guys Geocaching. I took pictures and meant to get them on the blog the next day, however, the next day was the day life spun out of control. So, I am finally getting the pictures up.

We had awards night last Wednesday night, I don't have any pictures of that yet. We also have Fun Night this coming Wednesday and then AWANA will be in the books for another year. This one went fast!  I promised the guys we would go geocaching again sometime this summer. The biggest news from the AWANA front though is NEXT YEAR WE WILL HAVE GIRLS!!!! I haven't had any girls for 4 years. I am SO excited, on top of everything else, our club will be big enough to do some exciting things.

This week is my last low-key week for a few. A week from tomorrow, I go to Springfield for a training for PIPP. I am staying over Tuesday night ( and getting to meet my sis and BIL for dinner) and then Wednesday, me and three other ladies from other agencies as well as our PIPP lady from Springfield are putting together the training manual for the rest of the state to use. This is a huge honor in my eyes. I love being asked to work on things like this. My boss started keeping a "kudos" folder this week, with all the things that various ones of us at ERBA have been asked to help others with.

I come home on Wednesday night and then go back on Sunday for three days. This is the conference that has our Family of Distinction banquet. If you have followed my blog any length of time, you know this is my favorite night of the year. The night that all these people we have walked along beside as they have pulled themselves out of poverty are celebrated. We also found out this week that Jackie Joyner-Kersee will be our keynote speaker at one of our lunches. I am SO looking forward to this conference.

I am positing a few pictures of our Geocaching adventures. Thanks again for all the prayers for our family, and if you have a chance, Tuesday @ 2:00, say a special one for Andrew and his second interview.







No comments: