Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Latest Read....The Marshal's Promise

Okay, saying I was excited that I won Rhonda Gibson's new book is probably the understatement of the year.  The Marshal's Promise is to be released in May, I finished it over my lunch hour today. It was truly the highlight of my day. There are so many of the characters that I just love, just have to mention one of the townsmen, Hank,- Hank Browning, the Marshal trusted him, so he must have been a good guy.

 Writing fiction is and always will be one of those things that leaves me in awe. I love reading, but can't fathom how to tell a story from start to finish and make it interesting, I would get off on so many rabbit trails, I would forget where the story was supposed to go. Several years ago, I wrote some articles freelance to be published in parenting magazines. I was never published but the whole ordeal led Nila, my sister, to start writing again, she was published in magazines such as Country Woman, She also wrote two books, she never had them published, but I got to read them and I was in awe then too. Geesh, I had lived with her for over 20 years and didn't know she knew how to do that either. What was odd though, is she has, for as long as I remembered, wanted to be a writer, honestly, she wanted to be a newspaper reporter. She had been an editor for the high school paper and then life happened. Now, 30+ years later, and she is FINALLY doing what she had wanted to do her whole life, she writes for the Lincoln Daily News Online (lincolndailynews.com).
 And to add a bit more odd to the mix, before she was doing that, she was working for a Community Action Agency. She is who convinced me that I wanted to work for Community Action. Had it not been for her, I might not have been so excited when I found out the blind ad I had answered was for ERBA.

Anyway,  see, I am on my own little rabbit trail now......Life is good.....

Look for this book in May, I am not good at writing "reviews", I am always afraid I will tell too much, but trust me, it is a good book!




No comments: