Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Life goes on......

We have made it to Wednesday. I think Robert is through the emotional roller coaster ride of the wreck. His instructor called school off Monday which was probably the worst thing that could have happened to Robert. It gave him way too much time to think. He was dwelling on what he could have done differently and it was basically making him mad at the world that he even let this happen. Nobody likes to be reminded that some things just do happen.

I wanted to wait until we were a little more certain about the car being totalled before he started looking for another vehicle. One of the boys Robert rides to school with works where they took his car. He and his boss went to look at it, and they both agree, it will probably be totaled. So I let Robert start looking.

It sounds like if State Farm excludes him from our policy, it won't be until August so we at least start out having insurance for him. He has also decided a pick-up would be a better fit for him, and low and behold, the insurance is cheaper on a truck than the performance car he had. So, slowly but surely, things are falling into place. I believe we will know something by tomorrow evening, or Friday.

Reality hit big time yesterday at work and brought me to a whole new level of being thankful for what I have. One of my clients committed suicide over the weekend. There are a lot of things that factor into this and I don't want to say too much but the biggest factor was the financial situation this person was in. Just a sad, sad situation, one that brought tears to my eyes many times yesterday. One of our goals is to try to show people that things are not hopeless. It feels like a direct hit to the gut, when it is clear that the hopelessness won.

We had class last night though and that had to have been the best thing that happened to me for the day. I love my students, we are working on building their resumes and I am so excited on where it is going. Talk about separate ends of the spectrum.

Tonight we are taking our high schoolers geocaching and to the Dairy Queen, last regular night of AWANA, can't believe that either. This year is going at warp speed.

Oh and in about 45 minutes, I am going to go get on the treadmill for Day 2 of the Couch 2 5K. Can't believe I made Day 1 Monday but I did and wasn't even hurting afterwards. I am honestly looking forward to pulling it off today. Good thing for treadmills in dark basements though, I don't think the world is ready to see this body run in public. The summer before we got married, I ran and I loved it. I also liked what my body looked like at that point in time, honestly for the first and only time in my life. It will definitely be a long road if I head in that direction but somehow I have it in my head that getting in better shape might help the UC. I have no proof of that but if my mind is wrapped around it, I think we will try.

Happy Wednesday all!

No comments: