Tuesday, May 1, 2012

FitClub West

I'm officially addicted. As most of you know, I have been doing the Couch to 5K program on my treadmill in my nice safe basement.  This trip to Springfield posed a problem. I do not think I am ready to run on the street plus the forecast was calling for rain. Our hotel doesn't have a fitness room but had stated you have free access to a nearby fitness center.

So, this morning, I got up at 4:30, put on my Prayers for Patty shirt, because number 1, Patty is the strongest person I know and I needed a little of her encouragement and number 2, the first time I ever went to a fitness center, albeit, NOT the size of this place, was with Patty. Needless to say, when someone looked at me as they walked by, I just told myself they were trying to read my shirt. which has two pair of panties hanging on a clothesline between two trees. The main caption is Put On Your Big Girl Panties and Fight. with Proverbs 3: 5-6 under it.

Anyway....I got there hoping nobody would be around at 5:15 in the morning, well, there were at least 50 cars. I thought I would probably have to wait just to get a treadmill. I have to tell you the people who work here at the Comfort Inn talked it up a lot, so I was excited. Anyway, as I walked in, the guy at the counter greeted me, was really nice, had me fill out paperwork and asked what I wanted to do. When I told him treadmill, he pointed out THREE places where there were treadmills. This place is HUGE!!!!  So, I go to the first place and there are probably 12 treadmills along with bikes and ellipticals. There were about 6 people in there, all guys, and as I had really thought, all concentrating on their own workouts. So I did my week 4, for the second time, Pillsbury Doughgirl ran 16 minutes again today. People came and went, one lady who was 5 foot nothing and probably weight 100 lbs and all muscle chatted with me a bit as I left, just being friendly. As I got ready to leave, I realized there is a break room where you can go have coffee or water after your workout, how cool is that?

I chose to take advantage of my surroundings though and stopped at the Starbucks drivethru for a venti 3 region black.

I always wanted to be that person that got up every morning and worked out, read my Bible, cleaned my house and went to work and had a very productive day. I had mastered getting everything in there but the workout and now, I think I have made it a habit. On the days I don't do the c25k, I do yoga and strength routines on the Wii.

God is good, Life is good.


Happy Tuesday!   

2 comments:

Patty said...

Very PROUD of you Mindy! It doesn't matter half as much what everyone else thinks of you BUT what means the most is what you think about YOURSELF!! HUGS!! Patty

Browningblog said...

Lately, I've been hearing this little voice, that sounds a lot like you, saying "Do ya' wanna be fat all your life? Well? Do ya?" LOL.. that was probably the true beginning of our friendship. :-) Hope your day is going well, looking forward to hearing (or seeing) about it tonight.