Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Day Away

Due to numerous different things, mainly Andrew's job situation and my program at work, we were supposed to take vacation next week and have cancelled it. I still thought we all deserved some time away though and made plans to run to St. Louis for the day. Anyone who knows us well knows St. Louis is our favorite "home away from home" so we loaded up yesterday morning and took off for the science center.

Robert's girlfriend, Kelly, went with us, it was the first time we had spent time with her and we had a great time. How she puts up with some of Robert's antics is beyond me but she doesn't seem to mind. Honestly, I shouldn't say that, he is a good kid. We were "playing" with the bridge models at the Science Center and Robert went and looked at this one you were supposed to put together. There was a guy standing beside it, mid-'50's and he made the statement immediately that he was looking forward to watching Robert put the thing together because he "just looked like he could". Well, Robert is very visual, and of course, he was able to put the bridge together. He did impress the guy, it was funny.

We ended the day with a trip to the Old Spaghetti Factory, one of my all time favorite restaurants. It was funny, I was talking Kelly into the Spumoni ice cream and telling her all about it, the waitress said I should work there, I told her I had been coming to the Old Spaghetti Factory since before she was born. We try to go to some of the other ones when we see one, none compare to St. Louis though. There were only 11 in the United States when it opened and it, to me, is truly a St. Louis treasure. Three was a tour group of seniors there, I can't resist finding out where people are going when I see things like that. They were from Middleton OH, so I told her she passed within 20 miles of our house, when they were on 70, she remembered the Greenup exit. They had been to the Arch and were headed to Branson. I told Andrew when we got older, I thought that would be fun. He said it wouldn't be good unless they let me drive the bus. I think he is insinuating I have control issues.....

While we were out yesterday, we did drive by Sweetie Pie's, the place made famous by the tv show? It was closed, go figure. We weren't going anyway but oh well.

So today, back to work, I give my last student her final tonight, then have two more days to get ready for PIPP training on Friday. PIPP recertification starts next Monday (see why I'm not going on vacation), then Brenda, Sharon and I leave on the 10th for the National Energy Assistance Director's Association conference. It is in New Orleans, I am looking very forward to this conference, we only get to go every other year, I love getting a chance to hear about how others from all across the nation are taking are of heating assistance issues.

I will close with some pics from our outing.




No comments: