Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

This is one of those weeks that I am very glad it's Saturday! Then I am even happier its a long weekend! Our week has been filled with good and bad, basically that thing called life but, somehow, you can't pick and choose what happens.

The kid broke up with his girlfriend this week, this was the first major relationship so no matter what the causes was, there is still a lot of hurt there. He seemed to be doing better yesterday and last night he went running around Effingham with a buddy so I believe he will survive. Tonight he is going out with his momma, we haven't done that in ages! We are going to see the 2nd Night at the Museum movie, I am looking very forward to having something to do myself on a weekend. With Andrew working weekends, that is few and far between.

Andrew replaced my garage door this week, seems like we have had one thing after another with that thing. First the opener broke, he fixed that, then the door broke because the opener was working right. When we got the new door and he was reading all the instructions; he realized our old door had never had the proper reinforcement put on it to handle a garage door opener. Now, ever since we moved here, there has been a sticker in our garage that says the door and opener was installed by Sears. I don't know, I'm just sayin'.......sure would have been nice if they had put the first door on correctly. Oh well, I always hated the fiberglass door, it didn't go with the feel of our house, the new one is much prettier and Andrew will get it hooked up to the opener on his days off next week.

The neat thing about it is he used the pulleys off the old door to build himself a sophisticated little lift for the jeep top. He bought a hand wench when we were in MO to do just this, now he had it all hooked up in the carport. My husband is such a pack rat but I would say he saved us a couple hundred dollars and it makes getting to take the top off the jeep so much easier!

I really got to get into the guts of my IT job this week, I feel like I earned my keep--and I loved every minute of it--especially figuring out something the big boys couldn't do! I took the final for my first Networking class yesterday--I got a perfect score, I got a certificate of completion that says I have spent 24 class hours studying networking. I sign up for my second class next week, it will begin on the 17th of June--I have 4 more classes I want to take before the year is out, I just can't decide which one to take next. I never really thought I would pick up on the networking as easily as I did but I get it, I really do and that is a great feeling.

The next two weeks are going to be crazy ones too. This coming week is the last week for LIHEAP. We have spent an unreal amount of money this winter and are hearing about more places closing everyday. A husband of one of our fieldworkers just got laid off, they closed the place down. They have a little girl, Alicen, who has Cerebral Palsy, their insurance was through him. I can't imagine what they are going through right now- we are praying constantly for that situation, if you have a moment, please pray too.

My computer class takes their final this week, they also have mock interviews with Andrew, this has been a messed up class--of course, I was in the hospital during one week and sick the week before so it just never seemed to have the same pizazz as my other classes. I start another set of classes in August, hopefully, they will be better.

Next Saturday is Amy and Rylan's wedding, can't wait, these are two kids I couldn't be happier for. I have watched Amy grow up and got to see Rylan since High School, I have watched both of them do amazing things and look forward to seeing their lives together.

Monday the 1st starts our VBS, I am in charge of the Dockside Drive-in, along with Andrew when he can be there. Robert is in charge of games. I was really hoping he would get a summer job but I am glad he gets to be around for VBS. I know he is just between his sophomore and junior year so it wouldn't be imperative that he get a job. Maybe he can help out some of his farmer friends (he was supposed to help his girlfriend's dad, but I think that is done too). I just don't want it to be a wasted summer. I may have to hire him as a housekeeper! There is part of the house that needs painted and he is so close to getting his truck done, he can taste it. so if he gets all that done, I would be happy.

I guess I am going to cave and buy tickets to Rent. It is at the Fox on the 6th, it would be a good "welcome to summer" trip for me and the kid.

We also have to get busy working on fair stuff, Andrew and I are the chairpersons for the concessions (for Band Boosters). When I said we would do it, it all made perfect sense, now I'm a little nervous. I am sure it will be fine, just got to stay organized.

I have also got to get busy on the Band Uniform Sale. I am chairing it and Tom Matson is helping me. We are going to be selling the uniforms the kids just got done with (1/2 profit going to the district uniform fund and 1/2 going to the band boosters) as well as OUR uniforms (profits to the boosters). I think we are looking at media night, fall festival and homecoming.

Today we are going to hopefully, work in the yard, a friend of mine is giving me some of her iris bulbs, we are going to go dig those up, then we need to run a table to my uncle, basically just get things neatened up outside, it's starting to not look too promising though, we may have to flip today's plans and Monday's plans.

Oh well, life is good.

No comments: