Sunday, January 17, 2016

What's on My Mind

That is a loaded question this week. I last posted the day after my colonoscopy. So much has happened in that time that I'm not even really sure where to begin. We did get Robert a truck, or correction--Robert got himself a truck. Someone told me last night we needed to stop buying him new trucks, so I thought I better confirm; his money, not mine. On Sunday, he broke up with his girlfriend, I do understand his reasons, but this one will still take some adjusting for all of us.

I mentioned last week that I had talked to my doctor Friday night, I was still having issues from having biopsies then, this week, I ended up with a full-on UC flare. I have been in and out of work all week, trying to replicate down time, and sitting with my feet up. When you are a strong type-A personality, you have to consider when not being at work causes you more stress than being there, as I said, I opted for a happy medium. Don't get me wrong, the assistant coordinator CAN do my job, but she is busy too, and I want to do my job. Anyway, holiday tomorrow is a good thing.

I have until Tuesday to get to doing better or I have to go to the hospital. I am not in nearly as much pain now, so I think there is a good chance I will stay away. After talking to my doc again this last Friday night, we are pushing forward with the Humira. I am going to ask for some prayers here. I have a friend who is on it and loves it. My doctor still wants me to be thoroughly checked out before he will approve it. I have to see an infectious disease doctor as well as a dermatologist, then have tests and if it looks like I am a good candidate, we move forward. Because of the consistent damage, it doesn't sound like resection is a possibility; removal would be the other option. I do not want to go there.

I have read the horror stories, I have read the good stuff. The good stuff looks really good and by what I am reading, and what Dr. Peterson has told me, that is why we are jumping through all of these hoops before I start, if it looks like I am likely to wind up a horror story, we aren't going there. I want to be successful. I hate failure, so setting me up to not be a horror story is a good thing.

As I said, prayers are greatly appreciated.

Andrew threw some excitement into the mix this week as well. Sunday, his face swelled up like a balloon. Because of working for himself and just starting out, I had not gotten him dental insurance last year, we went for the year trying to self medicate some bad teeth. Sunday, he was eating garlic, a teaspoon at a time. I had gotten him dental insurance this year and Monday I called to see if it was active, it was, so we made a trip to the dentist. He has a minimum of 6 teeth that need pulled. We are doing 2 on the 29th. The dentist would really like to try to save a couple so he could have a partial plate instead of full on dentures. At least we got him some antibiotics. Needless to say, neither one of us have just felt stellar this week, but he demanded that it was more important for me to rest than him. He has been a God-sent this week, fixing supper, doing laundry, and keeping the dishes done up. It is his slow time of year but he still had work 3 days out of 5 last week. That's a blessing too.

Yesterday, the guys stayed home from the farm and got all of my Christmas decorations taken down. This was one of my main stressors about being home.  I am not supposed to lift when I am having a flare, I am so happy my house is back to normal!

Last night, Andrew and I went to the Jasper County Talent Show, part 1. What awesome talent we have in the JC. Last night's contestants were all smaller kids, Kindergarten through 6th grade. This afternoon it continues with the Jr. High and High School students. I am looking so very forward to it. (and best wishes to my Sunday School student, Ashley!).

We had a huge, unexpected blessing yesterday afternoon too. I had been praying about what all of these medical expenses I was going to rack up was going to do to us and the answer came in the mail. God is good, All the time.

I have asked for some help on facebook about the history of our house, I am finding some really neat information. I am going to have to find out more about Carmen Earnest, sounds like she was someone I would have really liked and I believe she owned this house when I first fell in love with. 

So, it's Sunday morning, time to go get dressed for church, the snow is falling and though it doesn't sound like we are going to get a lot, I love the peacefulness of it.

Meatloaf is made, Mac and Cheese is ready to go in the oven. Sounds like perfect lunch food for snow coming down. I promised the cat I was staying at home all day tomorrow and vegging one more day.

Happy Sunday!


No comments: