Sunday, January 31, 2016

Safely Through Another Week

This last week has been one of those borderline crazy ones. Friday was probably the craziest as Mom had to be in Terre Haute at 9:30 and Andrew in Casey to have teeth pulled at 1:30, we got through it all though and made it home around 3. I was so relieved to have gotten it all done with no conflicts.

I am thankful to say this has been a better week for my UC. I even went for a mile walk this morning. I love when I get back to being me. I got up at 3 this morning, a little prednisone-induced insomnia, but I loved how my morning went anyway.

I have stopped all of my "extra-curricular" activities until I get the Humira started. My doctor prescribed rest, rest, and rest and I can feel it is working. I miss Yoga on Tuesdays, AWANA on Wednesdays and Band on Thursdays, but this time I have really found the value in coming home of an evening and not doing much. Andrew has fixed supper most of the time so I truly do just come home and veg. A friend of mine from band sent me my music so I can practice, and playing my flute is always good for me.

This week, Mom goes to two doctors tomorrow, and Wednesday I have meetings in Springfield, I have a Mammogram on Thursday. Right now those are the only things on my schedule. I do have to tell you, I have the best assistant in the world. We have a fieldworker out sick and I was trying to figure out how to get that office covered for the week. She made it happen, by doing it herself. I know it is not her favorite thing to do, but so very thankful she was willing. That took a BUNCH of stress off of me, especially as much as I need to be out of the office this week myself.

Andrew has work this week, which is always good, and so life just keeps flying right along. Can't believe tomorrow is February.

I am basically living to be healthy for two things right now. 1st, to be good to go with the Humira injections (hopefully okay-ed after the 16th) and then, three of my best friends from High School and I are going to Chicago to see the Van Gogh exhibit at the Art Institute on the 20th of February. I don't know if some of my childhood friends remember, but I had a dog named Van Gogh. Seeing original Van Gogh's really was on my bucket list. And spending the day with people who know me better than absolutely anyone else in the world, AND like me anyway.....priceless.

Happy Sunday!


No comments: