Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Good Day

Does anyone remember Zig Zigler and the Power of Positive Thinking? One of his things was that if you told yourself enough times that it was going to be a good day, it would be a good day. I have been trying for over a week to have a good day. I have honestly had okay days in that week but I was really striving towards a day that I was the person I wanted to be all. day. long.

A week ago last Sunday, I wrote down what I thought a good day would be. It would be one where I got up early enough to do a good Bible study, spend time with God, have a good workout, have my house all straightened before I went to work, got everything on my list done at work, got everything done after work I wanted to, fix a good dinner, relax and be in bed by a decent hour. Yesterday was what I hope to be the first of many more.

I was up at 4:30, did my Bible study, had prayer time, did my C25K, day 1 (yes, again, this is truly the longest I have ever went without a good exercise routine and it showed, big time, yesterday but I did it anyway), had my dishes done and my house straightened, went to the Newton office and fixed a computer, went to work and got everything done on my list, came home and worked on the project I intended to, packed for a business trip today, fixed grilled pork steaks for dinner, watched the 2 hour episode of Amazing Race and took a great relaxing bath, complete with candles, music and a cup of Earl Grey decaf. I was in bed a little later than normal but I still woke up at 4:30 ready to go again. To top it all off, those scales moved 2.6 lbs from yesterday to today! It was my first day post prednisone so that was part of it, but the food and the exercise certainly played a part.

I am doing the Be Wise Bible study by Warren Wiersbe. This morning, one of the things he said was that everyday really is a good day in the life of a Christian because God is molding us into who he wants us to be. So, even if it seems like a bad day, it's a good day. I would rather have good days that seem like good days, but I do get it.

Today, I have had my quiet time and Bible Study, and am getting ready to go downstairs to lift some weights and do some crunches. I will be back in Springfield before the day is over. We are taking the ladies that we took last week, back to tell their stories to more people. Sounds like tomorrow has been declared an advocacy day, so there will be lots of people there telling their stories, it will probably end up being a long day, but hopefully a good one.

I have a list of things to accomplish before we go and I really do think I will get them finished.

Here is to lots and lots of good days!

I am planning on blogging more, it is one of the things that make me realize what is going on in my life and even though it doesn't seem like it to others, I am working on more changes to me. I will probably blog them as a way to hold myself accountable to me and to God.

With that being said, I am probably not going to post of facebook every time I blog. Some of my readers have followed me since way before facebook, but if you count on that post and really want to read my page, follow me, to the right and you should get an email when it updates, or just check back at the actual website every once in a while. If I have something really big, I will probably share it on fb, but a lot of times, I just won't.

Happy Tuesday everyone, hope it's a GOOD day!

2 comments:

Susan Shull said...

It seems a good day always includes time in the word! Years ago I did a Warren Weirsbe study on Galations and it was life changing for me. Your C2K journey is inspirational!

Browningblog said...

Susan, the neatest thing about the one I am doing right now is it was Mom and Dad's, they had done this study together and Mom's notes are in it. I love that! And yes, ironically, since I know you just ran into Patty, I started being more steady about my Bible study when she first found out she had cancer, I don't think I have missed 5 days since. It's the exercise that normally hangs me up, and those times that even though I have Bible study, I have to rush through it.