Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Onward and Upward

Here it is the start of a new month yet again. I can't imagine how life just keeps getting faster.


So, it's April 1 and I am trying to get a feel like it is a new year, not just a new month. After many failed attempts, the prednisone finally kicked in and did its job of tackling the UC. I was pretty sure two weeks ago that today I would be in the hospital and instead I finally got to take my first real walk of the year. My fitbit just told me I have less than 3,000 steps to get in 10,000 today so I probably should try to squeeze a couple of times around the building in before I leave here in a few.


So, with it being my new year, I am starting my very own 30 day challenge. I started a graduated C25K this morning, I only did half of the 1-minute runs, but this sets me up to do that again Friday and then Monday morning hit the 8's. I have gotten so flabby so fast! I don't think I have ever felt as squishy as I do right now. I have always been fat, or at least to some degree, but ever since I was 24 and catching shoplifters, you could normally punch me in the gut and hurt you a lot worse than you hurt me. I MISS THAT!!!!  and yes, it all stemmed from taking a royal beating one time, I swore I would never let that happen again and seriously, right at the moment, it could.


I also started back on counting calories, 1400, I hate my metabolism but that is where I have to be to lose and I know it. I was doing great until I decided to stop at 2:00 and get me a grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo at McDonalds only to get on the interstate and find a crispy chicken with mayo. God Bless McDonalds....still put it in the fitness pal and still have about 400 calories left so I should be doable seeing as how it is AWANA night and I really don't need much more since I ate at 2.


April is already looking crazy busy, hopefully fun and productive along the way too though. Today I did a lot of what turned out to be just minor troubleshooting; 5 computers and 5 fixes though, not bad for a day's work. AWANA tonight as well as the next 2 more Wednesday as regular club, then awards night and fun night, once again, time going way too fast. This weekend, I am doing some shopping with my mom, seeing my friend Patty, enjoying the Easter play at Scott Avenue and then having our own Easter Celebration at our church Sunday morning. If you have no place to be Sunday, Sunrise service is at 7, Breakfast at 8 and Morning Worship at 9. We are providing breakfast, so just come and be our guest.


Next week, I have a computer to install, a meeting in Springfield and then taking (gasp) a day off--I need to take 8 before June 30th or I lose them, trying to get started because I know I will plan some and it just won't work. My sis and BIL is coming the 11th and 12th, back to Springfield on the 16th for a meeting and then the AWANA Grand Prix is the 18th. This is the best/worst, most fun/ most nerve racking, crazy day of the year for Andrew, Robert and me. We spend most of our day holding our breath that everything goes well because if it doesn't, we pretty well will be the ones blamed. There have been years we have said never again, but by the time it rolls around, we can't imagine not doing it. Last year was one of the best to date but we met with a wealth of problems before the first car ran down the track. This year there are more changes, hopefully everyone is happy with them.


That is pretty well the major events for April, oh except for another day off scheduled for the 24th. I have a conference to go to the 1st week of May, hence a good reason to drop some pounds and work on getting some healthier vibes going on.


Think I'll hustle out and try to get my steps in!


Happy Wednesday!



No comments: