Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday

A Saturday with no big plans to boot! Which, I'm sorry to say, means housecleaning. The family room is done, the bedroom started and the bath, kitchen and dining room haven't even been touched. The kitchen honestly isn't too bad as Andrew did the dishes and straightened it up yesterday. We went to Parklanes for supper and for breakfast so it hasn't had a chance to get bad. Unfortunately, I haven't put things back together in there since we did the floor. Basically because Andrew still has to do the trim around the bottoms of the walls and cabinets. That was supposed to get done this week but something else took priority. See, every year at AWANA we have a Grand Prix. Think Boy Scout's Pinewood Derby, except this is for AWANA. Andrew and I are in charge of it. Mainly because when we moved home we had been in two other AWANA clubs who both did Grand Prix. We wanted to bring it to our church. We were also heavily involved with Scouts in Olney at the time and had a track available to us. So.......

We went to get the track last Sunday evening, just to check it and get it ready and realized it was in need of a bit more work than we thought. The race is a week from today which put the track #1 on the priority list. I am going to go ahead and put my kitchen back together as Andrew promised me he would move stuff before doing something like pulling the fridge back out. So, I am hoping by the time I get to evening, my house will be nice to look at no matter which room you are in.

One of my blogger friends did a review this week of a "blog planner". It has made me start thinking about what directions I want to go in with my own blog. When I first started this blog, it was mainly to keep family informed of our comings and goings. It seems we used to have a more exciting life than we do right at the moment. Okay, maybe that isn't true, we have some pretty exciting things going on, unfortunately, I am not quite ready to share them with the world. The day will come....

So, for a while I was posting recipes to put on Pinterest, which was kinda neat, and I really need to do again. Every so often I post about my UC, honestly a lot lately and I have been thinking about posting more and advertising on UC sites so that if someone just diagnosed wants some information from someone going through it, I will be here. I have a lot more positive outlook on it now than I did a year ago, heck, even 6 months ago so I may be in a position to be a positive influence instead of a negative. If I did that, I would need to post a couple of articles just about what has happened since the beginning. So, that to is a "thinking about it" thing.

I used to post more on here about my job too, and I have noticed I haven't done that in a while either. Don't know why that is because seriously, my job is still very exciting to me, sometimes frustrating but most of the time, very rewarding.

I also am an organizational freak, which seems to appeal to many people. I know I could probably post some of my tips and tricks, of course, I would stick them on Pinterest too.

I think I am just thinking out loud here, and more than anything, procrastinating on cleaning the house. So, what do you want my blog to be? Please help me out here and comment, because many of you mention things to me that I know you have read it.

Now, back to the stupid housecleaning.......I am looking forward to having it done, fixing supper (Shrimp Alfredo) and relaxing in my tub before this day is over.

Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Preemie mom said...

Hello there, I like the UC updates and the ERBA updates, because I don't get to talk to you like I used to, or like I would like too.

Christina

Browningblog said...

I know, we need to go get some good Chinese one of these evenings! LIHEAP conference is the end of this month, hopefully I have some good work updates then!

Preemie mom said...

Chinese sounds good anytime. You name the day and I will be ready.