Tuesday, February 12, 2013

It's a Wonderful Life

I still cannot express how much better I am feeling. I realize it more by the things I want to do and can do than anything else. Today is Lincoln's Birthday so I have the day off and it has been great! I made Andrew' chocolate caramels for Valentine's Day, cleaned the laundry room and the family room, made several new recipe cards--which I have been drastically behind on and moved some things around in the family room and living room and the best part? It's not even noon!

I still need to make rolls for the guys to take for men's fellowship tonight, clean out my van, clean up the kitchen and then I get to do fun stuff. I'm going to take some time cleaning up and getting ready to go out with my mom tonight. I think, other than going to a funeral or two, this will be the first time since my uncle Junior died that we are getting to go out. Her and Robert sold the rest of the hogs last Thursday which frees up more of her time. She is still incredibly busy trying to get everything cleaned up at his house but at least she has time to go out with me. I have missed her, a lot. We usually didn't let two months go by that we didn't at least go get some groceries together and I talked to her EVERY morning on the phone, it hasn't been that way since November so I am hoping we are starting to find her a new normal, one that includes some time for us
On the weight front, I didn't post last week because I had a setback from the prednisone, I was up a little over 3 lbs, 30 mg of prednisone can do that to the best of us. I am on 20 as if yesterday and so I am hoping to see even better results. Yesterday I was down 1.2 lbs. My main goal is to just focus on what I want long term and stay on the plan just get through these weeks with the high prednisone levels and be ready to take off like a race car when we are off of it. I am looking so forward to being totally off of it. On top of everything else, that is when the new medicine will kick in, doggone it at all, one of the side effects of it is feeling full quickly--bring it on!

The kitchen project is getting closer to the finish line every day. Andrew put up the moulding around the ceiling yesterday, we have had this ever since I painted but he had never got it up. Today he is staining the floor trim so I am hoping by next week we can call it finished. My Hoosier cabinet is the next project, I can't wait to have it in my kitchen. On top of everything else, most of my stuff that was in the other cabinet are lying on the front room bed, kinda unhanding when you want to bake something. At the same time, this is going to give me more cabinet space than I have ever had. My kitchen is small so that will be great.

We had talked since 2009 that in 2019, we would build on and make me a huge kitchen. I am so in love with what we are doing to this one, I'm not sure that is even still in the plans, I may change my mind but I am thinking a new fan, new countertops and backsplash and a new sink and I may be set for life. On top of everything else, it's not like there is a huge family living here.

I may still want the bigger pantry, laundry room and mudroom Andrew was talking about so we may build on to the garage and not do the big expansion here in the kitchen itself. We will just have to wait and see.

So, that's it in a nutshell, life is good, God is better. He is taking such amazing care of us!

Happy Birthday Lincoln, and Happy Tuesday!

No comments: