Saturday, February 16, 2013

Exciting times!

So, we took the girls to the groomers this morning in Mattoon and headed up to Tuscola to do a little shopping. I knew I was needing some clothes that fit better and I really thought I would need size 20's. When I started losing, I wore a 24 and most of them, my mom and I had taken in and I have still been pulling them up to, well, WAY past my waistline. Have you ever seen the "People of Walmart" where the lady had her chest covered with her pants? Yeah, I can do that.  Anyway, we hit Dress Barn, one of my favorites and I grabbed 18's and 20's of two different kinds of pants. I was at Kohl's earlier in the week and found a pair of 18's but I honestly thought it was just the size was off on that brand. I also bought a pair of 16's that zipped at Kohl's but they are too tight to wear in public, but they were on the clearance rack for $10 and had been $60 so I couldn't see leaving them....ANYWAY, I put on the first 18's, yep, they fit, They sat on my waist where they are supposed to, and not smacked against my butt, they really fit!!  The other pair of 18's did too. I was really in shock, in fact, those of you who know me know I was fighting back tears. Got a new spring blouse and sweater too, a little too cool to wear them yet but they are so cute!  Next stop was the bra shop, success there too, 2 sizes down and 2 sizes down in hose. What a happy, happy day and honestly, probably the kick in the pants I needed to keep going.

Tonight was bittersweet though, I am taking a HUGE bag of clothes to the mission this week. I love my clothes and it is hard saying goodbye to them but on the same note, I'm NEVER going to wear them again so someone else needs to get some use out of them.

And now, back to the fact that we took the girls to Petsmart this morning. Here's the after, Liz had a bow but it's gone already, she throws a royal fit if she doesn't get one though. I know, my "non-dog" friends don't believe that but she tries to take her mom's out if she doesn't have one herself. You can't see Chrissy's in this picture either but this is the best I could do.


 
 

They love going to the salon, they are spoiled rotten.

We came home and I started getting things ready for dinner tomorrow. Beef and Noodles and an apple pie. Ok, some of you are already saying that can't be on my "diet". Guess what, it is. Everything is on my plan. I have stayed on plan well this week which means I have 35 weekly points left. Apple Pie is 11 for a piece and see that's the thing, the first piece isn't what gets you in trouble, it's the 2nd, and the 3rd and so on and so forth. I will be perfectly happy with the 1 piece, especially if I am wearing my new slacks! And it won't hurt anything that I will do my Leslie Sansone tomorrow morning just like I have done every day this week. See, small reward for a good week and I stay on plan. I won't get to weigh in Monday night because I am going to be in Springfield at the doctor's but I still know I am doing well, especially for still taking 20 mg of prednisone a day.

Oh and look at how great the pie turned out, they never look that good when I need to take it somewhere!

So, it's Saturday evening, Robert is still at work, Andrew is watching Walking Tall, I have had my bath and am ready to hit the hay. It's been a good day and a beautiful start to a long weekend.

Happy Saturday!


No comments: