Thursday, January 6, 2011

One of Those Days.

I started back to work Monday after 11 days off. Seriously, it seemed more like 3 days off but it was nice and new things were piling up so it was just as well I go back. Tuesday night was our last class, and it went well. Another one in the books. Yesterday I started getting new computer systems ready for the Homeless Caseworkers.

At 10:30, Robert called and needed me to come take him to the dr, his back was hurting so bad he was crying and it takes a lot any more for him to cry. So, I called Dr. Houston--out of the office, I had decided I would just take him to the hospital since Houston was out but actually Robert hadn't been to the dr in two years. The last time he went, he went to Becky, but at the time, he was dating her daughter. He hadn't been there since but I knew the insurance would throw a fit if we didn't try to take him there first. He agreed it was fine ("I don't care what we do as long as somebody gets rid of the pain"). So, I call Becky, she says bring him right over. She gave him a shot which did help the pain and she has decided that because of working in the automotive field, he needs some extra training on how to take care of himself. When we got to thinking about it, he is one of the few boys in shop that doesn't play football. All those boys workout and lift weights on a daily basis, which according to Becky, is what Robert needs to do when he is going to be doing that kind of work. So, Tuesday, he goes to Physical Therapy. They are going to teach him how to strenthen his back muscles and keep them strengthened, hopefully before he has any permanent damage. They took an x-ray yesterday but we haven't heard anything. He is on muscle relaxants and a round of prednisone. Hopefully he will be doing great by musical.

On a high note, I went to get Robert's medicine and Andrew surprised me with my Christmas present that had came in.





 He told me on our anniversary that he wanted to get it for me but that he wanted me to design it. I love it!  It has our names engraved in the bands leading to each stone. "Browning" is engraved in the band leading to our annivesary.  It is actually more gorgeous than what I thought it would be. The one I saw at the store had simulated stones and these are real. He did well!

So, onward to the boatload of things going on at work. Today I hope to get one of the computers ready to take and install and transfer all of her current info. I have 11 computers that need switched over from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and will hopefully get the other homeless case manager's computer ready to install tomorrows. If all goes as planned, while I am in Charleston today, I am going to go hook up a couple of wireless cards at Head Start. Gonna be a busy day....better get on with it!

No comments: