Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November...

I cannot believe it is November already. Wow, I don't know how to handle time going so fast and I don't know if I can't take it getting faster and I have been told it will. We have a busy November, probably busier than December actually. We are always backwards at our house, December is one of our "slower" months when everyone else is having craziness. Which is great because it gives me lots of evenings to sit in front of the fire with the Christmas tree beside me and my grandma's Nativity on the fireplace and keep a focus on what Christmas really is.

Back to November though. I started teaching classes to Head Start employees last week. This is a fun class because I am teaching specific things instead of programs. Tonight we are learning to make newsletters. Tomorrow night we are having "Taco and Movie Night" for the High School Awana kids. We are watching "To Save a Life" looking forward to it. THEN, THEN, yes THEN I start 5 DAYS OFF!! We are off Veteren's Day, the High School band will be playing at the ceremonies, I am looking VERY forward to this. I always go though. When Robert was a little cub scout, I was at a ceremony where a veteran said, "This crowd is nice but I am afraid a lot of you are here because your kids were involved." I decided right then that I could take an hour or so out of my life a year to honor those who fought for my freedom. It seems like such a little thing to do for people who sacraficed so much.

Friday, Chrissy, my poodle, and I have an appointment at Petsmart to have the works for her. She has abandonment issues so I wanted to take her somewhere she could see I was still there. I have to stand outside but she will know I haven't left her. I have always cut her hair and trimmed her nails but have decided it is time to let someone else. Lizzie is going to "Spa-Nana's" because I don't want her to think I am hauling her mommy off.

Monday is my mom's birthday. It's funny, I work on my birthday and take my mom's off. Ok, so there is usually perks to working on your birthday, like someone buying you lunch :-). Anyway. Mom and I already have our day planned, Shopping in Effingham and lunch out, can't wait!

The 18th & 19th is the Pop's Concert, 7:30 at the High School. I believe it will be amazing this year. I got a gag order put on me last year.... Roma to Robert: "You DON'T HAVE TO TELL YOUR MOTHER EVERYTHING!" So I have actually stopped him a few times but yeah, I have heard a lot of what is happening and I am super-excited.

The next day, Robert goes to IMEA. That means that evening we get to go to a concert at EIU with the best choral students in our region. It was an amazing concert last year and I expect nothing less this year.

Thanksgiving day may be a little uneventful at our house, I am sure Mom, Robert and I will figure out some way to have a little celebration but my brother-in-law works that day as does Andrew so there will be no big family get-togethers. Sis and Richard are coming down for the Pop's concert though so we will all get to spend time together then.

Then comes Black Friday. Ah, what a fun day. Robert and I plan to leave at 2:30 and this year, since there is nothing we have to stick around here for (last year we had to be at Robinson Walmart at 5) We are heading for our favorite stomping grounds--St. Louis!

Andrew turns 46 on Saturday, the big 5-0 is creeping up on him!

A little shout-out to my Brother-in-Law Richard too, he has a birthday on the 24th. I don't remember how old he will be, I think it's a little more than 46 :-)

So, onward into November....this should be a blast!

No comments: