Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What a Glorious Weekend!

Robert's final Pops Concert is in the books, as is his final District IMEA festival. I think his only regret is that he didn't start trying out for IMEA sooner.

The Pops Concert was incrediable, Robert sang "What's a guy gotta do", he did a really good job and the interaction with the girls who were trying to run from him during the song just made it that more cute.

Robert was one of the emcees this year too. I think what most people don't realize about the emcees is it is their responsablity to come up with all the skits and to know what they are doing. This involved a lot of practice and a lot of teamwork.

It resulted in a two great performances. I would have been fine if they would have done it every night for another week.


I have pictures, Blogger won't let me upload them at the moment, if you get a chance, there are pics on facebook.

Saturday's concert was amazing and beautiful. There were 16 students go from Newton. 11 of them were for chorus. The kids loved the director and though most of them were beat from the Pop's concert (all but one of ALL of the students who went were involved in the Pops Concert also) they had a wonderful experience. We were amazed at what can be accomplished in a day. My favorite song was an African song called Jenga, I think it was pretty clear it was the chorus' favorite also. You could just tell they were having fun.

Now we get to wait to see who makes it to All-State. I really hate this part. Robert had no expectations of making it last year so it was a total and complete surprise. Now that he has been there though, he wants to go back. There are only so many who get to go and you just never know. We are supposed to find out the first week in December. I just don't want him to be disappointed if he doesn't get to go again--and how could he help it.

It was a fantastic weekend, and the last really crazy weekend we have until after Christmas, believe me, after band, Pops and then IMEA, I know Robert is as ready for some downtime as we are!!  (Not to mention he rebuilt an engine in the middle of all of this!)

No comments: