Friday, June 25, 2010

Testing...1,2,3,. Testing......

This week was my scheduled yearly Doctor's exam. Now it looks like the next few weeks I am going to be busy. Thought I might as well post here so nobody "hears" anything that isn't correct.

First off, I have a little colon problem, I know...gross to even talk about it, but I have been having some blood for quite some time (I was actually bleeding in April '09 when I went to the hospital but we thought it was because of too much aleve and motrin), it takes spurts of being a lot of it, I honestly didn't think I was bleeding this week but when my doctor checked, I tested positive for blood in my stools. Sooo.....I am waiting for the call from another doctor's office to have a colonoscopy. This is really my only symptom that anything is wrong. Once in a while, when I am really stressed out, I have pain in my lower stomach, but it is honestly not a lot. Anyway, for those of you that will ask, it is red blood, not black, it hasn't traveled far and my doctor's best guess, off the cuff, is ulcerative colitis, something that can be managed with medication.

Next, because of my family history, I am getting a series of tests done on my heart. I am planning on them finding that NOTHING IS WRONG. My dad had his first heart attack when he was my age, he died a year later. It adds to my stress level that I worry anytime my heart gets to beating a little funny or I get short of breath, which I honestly believe is normal but we are going to find out.

I had an EEG Wednesday, along with my beloved Pap smear. Today I go have blood tests, Monday I do a treadmill stress test, Monday afternoon I get a mammogram, Tuesday I have a resting stress test and July 8th I have a sonogram of my heart.

If you are one of my praying friends, I ask that you pray we find everything healthy in my heart and that my colon is an easy fix and of course that the pap and mammo are fine, although I have never had just one mammogram, I always have two with the second one "pressing out" what the first one found.

Geesh, I guess I could think of this as a royal spa treatment, just for the inside instead of the outside....or, as I was putting it in terms Robert could understand, I am having my transmission and engine checked out.

I will keep everyone posted, but please, I know how things get around here, if you hear anybody thinking I am "sick", direct them to my post....I am just as high on life as ever!

No comments: