Monday, June 14, 2010

Hello from San Antonio!

It is beautiful where we are! A little on the hot and humid side but I am so glad we got to come yesterday so we could see a little before we get to work.




The Alamo, across the street from our Hotel.
Casa Rio, supper

Brenda in front of our hotel



The plaza between our hotel and the Alamo


I am sure some of you are wondering what we are actually "doing" here. Well, today's workshops that I am going to are: Consumer Protection and Delivered Fuels--believe me, we need all the help we can get on this one, as much Propane that is used in our area. We have some propane vendors that are owned by out of state companies, it basically means they don't have to abide by Illinois laws. They charge our clients more, it isn't right, especially when our clients are already having a hard time.

Another workshop I am going to is a Dialogue with Federal Officials. We get to see thier point of view in why they make some of the decisions they do because quite frankly, sometimes they don't make sense to us.

Then there is the workshops I am still up in the air over. There are two I want to go to and they are at the same time. If Brenda has decided to go to one, I will go to the other one. The first one is Educating Low Income Consumers to Manage Their Energy Use and Costs. The second is Serving the Newly Vulnerable. They are both very important. I am leaning toward the Newly Vulnerable though because we have people who have been laid off from long time, good paying jobs that either don't know about us or won't ask for help even though this is what it is for.

I may have to flip a coin.

Better get ready, Happy Monday!

No comments: