Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Blogger meets another Blogger

So, I thought it would be neat to have the titles the same on these. If you read Sarah Sez, you will see the same title under two of her blogs, I'm not sure if anyone else follows BOTH of our blogs. Sarah is our "mutual" friend; anyway, as far as the blogs are concerned. I found out my husband is a "mutual" friend too, which is just plain funny.

ANYWAY.....
Last Thursday evening, Andrew and I had a "date night". Some of the girls at Head Start had invited me to come see "Ben Glenn--The Chalk Guy". Robert had musical practice so we saw it as a perfect opportunity to hit Little Mexico for supper and then out for some entertainment. (Who by the way, was fantastic! he has ADHD AND Dyslexia, so we could relate in a big way!)



The first thing on the program for the evening was handing out awards to some wonderful daycare workers who are continuing their education. While we were sitting there, listening to the names being called, a very familiar name came out of Jackie Swango's mouth: "Amber McReaken". I instantly looked at Andrew and said "I'm gonna get to meet Amber!"-- I leaned down to the girls I work with, who were sitting in front of me and said "this is a friend I have never met". Only through the internet.....




Amber and I started "stalking" each others blogs probably at least a year ago. This summer, we friended each other on facebook. One day on facebook, Amber asked for her friends to post how we met. I made the statement I felt like I knew her but we had never met. She then told me she had worked with Andrew at Olney, small world! Andrew remembered her immediately, especially since some of the time they were there, Andrew was over the TLE and Amber's good friend, also an Amber, worked for him. How cool was all of that??

Anyway, I spent most of the next day explaining my statements and my excitement from the night before. I still think the internet makes the world a much smaller place and times like last Thursday night even make it a good thing!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Mindy,

I feel honored that Andrew remembers me and you have referenced me as the other "Amber" in your blog. It is a very small world. I have to admit, I am a blog stalker of you guys as well. You have such an exciting life compared to my boring one. It is much easier to keep up with you guys this way.

Working for Andrew a.k.a. Drew in TLE was always such a great time. He was a great manager and to be honest I was sad to leave him. He made going to work enjoyable.

Browningblog said...

Hi Amber! Wow it is good to hear from you! I always think, being in Newton we would run into you more! How is your little girl? I bet she isn't so little any more--and the older she gets, the more exciting things will get around your house too!

I am really glad you thought so highly of Andrew. He did you too.

Hey don't be a stranger! And you have been going to stop by now for 6 years!

Browningblog said...

Just realized, it just 5 years we have lived here, but still....

Amber M said...

It was so good to meet you and see Drew again. I loved the Chalk Guy and would go see him again. It is such a small world how everyone knows someone, that knows someone...lol...