Thursday, November 12, 2009

Party time!

There is nothing in the world like a houseful of boys! We decided at the beginning of the year, that since there was AWANA and no school, we should do something special--they wanted to come to our house. I have to admit, our house is set up pretty nice for things such as this. Rock Band can be blaring in the family room and Mom and I can keep our sanity and our hearing by being in the living room. We can still hear everything that is going on, we just don't have to sit in the middle of it. I made tacos, upon request. We also had sausage dip and chips. So sorry to Sandra Lee, I didn't pull off any tablescapes but I still thought everything looked really nice.

The best, absolute greatest part for me is that it was a Saturday on a Wednesday, which means if I am careful, my house will still be clean on the real Saturday--giving me an opportunity to be home and do some things I WANT to do instead of HAVE to do. That would be wonderful! Here is our spread for supper, I started out with three, then the fourth made it. My fifth boy is a picky eater so he ate before he came. It is amazing how much food teenage boys can put away though.

Robert, Garrett and Adam, ready to eat.
Trygve and Adam, playing Rock Band, well, with Adam answering the phone.



Garrett and Robert being the "fans" for Rock Band. Nobody would sing last night!


This is Clayson trying to look mean....I hate to tell him, but it just doesn't work for him. Of course, seconds later I am telling him not to smile and then he really looses it.




No comments: