Friday, November 20, 2009

My Dad

My dad was the greatest. He passed away 29 years ago today. Just a few pictures in memory of him:

My parents dated 6 weeks and then went to the preacher's house and got married. (Andrew and I dated 6 weeks and then went to Kentucky and got married.)


Me and my dad.

Mom had wrote "Put it in Gear- Mindy's first time behind the wheel, July '80" I didn't know at the time that it would be our last summer together. I am so thankful my dad taught me how to drive. I was 12.




I am so thankful for the family I was born into. I truly wish my dad could have been here for all the wonderful things that ended up happening in my life--especially Robert. Can you tell how much Robert looks like my dad? Believe you me, he acts like him too. I don't believe in reincarnation, but I do believe some of the things that Robert says and does couldn't happen without the hand of God. When Robert was little, my mom would have "Nana" days and then she would have "Grandpa" days, spending the day doing things with Robert that my dad would have done, and making my dad a real person to Robert. Although they never met, I know Robert knew my dad differently than even I did.






No comments: