Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I'm a Believer.......

in cataract surgery.  I had seen a couple of people have this surgery and come out the other side being able to see better than they had in years but tonight I saw it first hand. My 84-year-old uncle had a cataract removed around 4:30 this evening. At 5:17, he could see the clock, through the bad eye, with a steel mesh patch over it....unbelievable. 

The thing that I got the biggest kick out of though was my mom. She has spent WAY more than her fair share in operating rooms, which tallies up to me, and various members of my family spending same said time waiting. There is a reason God put her on the table, she is not a good waiter. I thought it was funny, I know she didn't, but I remember countless times that she would be in surgery for 6 to 8 hours and we would be waiting. They took Uncle Jr back at 10 til 3, they called at 10 after 5, those apparently were the longest 2 hours of her life. She started worrying at 5 after 3 and by 10 til 5 was about fit to be tied.


Anyway, I don't believe you could say anything except the surgery was a success. They go back tomorrow but all the way home, he was telling what he could see and how happy he was.  Yep, I'm a believer.


No comments: