Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy 47th Baby!

Andrew celebrated his 47th birthday yesterday. He spent the day working, 7:30 a.m. to 8 last night. His request for his birthday though was still a steak and a pineapple cheesecake.


So, at 8:45 last night, I treated him to a very rare New York strip, baked potato, scalloped corn (the way his momma made, not the way I made), Texas toast and his pineapple cheesecake. It dawned on me earlier this year that I have been a terrible wife all this time. His favorite cheesecake is Pineapple, I make it once a year......why? I don't know, because that is what I always fixed him for his birthday, and for some dumb reason, it never occurred to me that he could enjoy it other times as well. Oh well, New Year's resolution, make my husband more pineapple cheesecake.

What did he get for his birthday? Well, he is wanting some major work done on the jeep, before winter. Most of it he and Robert can do themselves, but some has to be taken to a machine shop to be customized. That's what I am paying for. Then, just because I couldn't let him not have a present to open, he got a beard trimmer and a nose hair trimmer set. Probably age-appropriate there on the nose hair thing, it says you can also use it on your ears, yep, he's starting to need that too. 

Anyway, back to the grind today, but at least we had a little birthday in there!


No comments: