Friday, April 23, 2010

Memories of the Wizard

I think you would have to agree, if you saw the Wizard of Oz last weekend that it was spectacular! I finally had a few minutes to get some pictures up. Everyone did a great job, I'm a little partial to Uncle Henry on Thursday, Friday and Sunday and the guard on Saturday (personally my favorite character in the whole show) but it was just awesome all the way around. Now patiently waiting for the video!

This is Dawson, I got to sell tickets with Dawson's mom whom I felt like I had known for a long time, but technically just met on Friday evening. It was really good to meet you Rebekah and I look forward to talking to you again one of these days.

This is from Saturday, Robert as the guard. One of his friends from the Junior High, who had seen him as the guard Friday morning informed me he "rocked the suit". Well, after this performance, I totally agreed.





Singing his solo, GOOD JOB!!


Kiersten as Dorothy, Taryn as Glinda, Landon as the Tinman and Danny as Scarecrow.





I was so honored that the kids came to our house to eat between shows. I really think they enjoyed just getting away for a few minutes and we sure enjoyed having them. Take a good look at this bunch, they, as far as I am concerned, are some of the finest young people in the world.











Robert as an Ozian, his "other part"when he is Uncle Henry

Robert as Uncle Henry, with Jenna as Dorothy.
Family portrait, Robert, Jenna and Rachael


Our four junior boys. Danny, Robert, Landon and Jared. Just think, we get the pleasure of seeing what they are going to be up to next year!

Trying not to cry just posting these, I know some of the kids are having withdrawal already and some of them still have crazy lives but for the rest of their lives, they will remember this weekend, and the months that preceded it. Truly memories worth keeping.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

ohhhhhh you made me cry, again!!! it was GREAT meeting you (for real) not just blog-stalking you :-)... i keep telling Dawson his resume of life just keeps getting better and better. it was alot of hard work and we will NEVER forget it! what a blessing the whole experience was!