Saturday, April 5, 2014

Starting April

Hello friends, it seems once again I am behind on my blogging. That seems to be a never ending story nowadays and it is sad because I probably have more to say than ever. I am seriously considering blogging MORE. Yeah, I'm always seriously considering blogging more.....doing it is a different story. I was intrigued by a devotional I am reading, Made to Crave. It is a devo centered around weight loss and I so have needed every word in this book. If I could write, I could have written this book! Thing is, it has opened my eyes many times just this week. Things I think, things I do, and things that I think and do that the author has proven to me is wrong....ANYWAY, she was talking about a friend sharing on her Weight Loss Wednesday Blog post. I probably do have enough to say to have a different post for every day of the week.....Weight Loss Wednesday, Farmhouse Friday ( for Robert's house), Testimony Thursday, Sermon Sunday (oh, we KNOW that one would be good, lol). Anyway, I'm kinda on vacation this week so I might seriously think about it. I think back when I used to blog more, when Robert was in school, it was easier because I didn't have all this stuff bolixed up in my head of what I needed to say. I could probably actually do a blogpost over my lunch hour a lot. That is all still in the thinking stages though.

So, what has happened in our world lately. Last weekend, I had a horrible sinus infection. I went to see Melissa Kuenstler, the new PA in town. I'm glad I did, I like her and she fixed me. Sunday, I was feeling better as well as guilty that the guys had ate out every meal since Thursday so I fixed lunch. I had an ordeal with a dish of scalloped potato and the oven. I dropped the potatoes taking them out of the oven. They flew in my face, immediately burning the skin off my nose as well as burning patches all over the left side of my face. Anytime I have trauma to my face, I get a cold sore, it's supposed to be a fever blister, but seeing as how even when I had the infection, my temp was 98.2°, I just call it a cold sore, just to add insult to injury.  None of it is completely well but it is getting closer.

Tuesday, my friend (except for the 6 days a year she has to come do her job at my place--just kidding), Leslie Ann came and did my monitoring, second one of the program year. As far as actual LIHEAP stuff, everything was good. I'm still learning the in's and out's of the furnace part and learned I have more to learn there. Anyway, nothing huge, just something that we didn't do that had we done, it would have been better. The worst part is we DID do it, we just didn't document that we did it......anyway, that is over until October or November. Time to breathe!

Tuesday evening, we went to a visitation for a friend of mine's mom. This brings up one of those subjects I would like to explore more one of these days. I have admitted it to this particular friend and so now I will admit it here. Patty Corcoran will tell you, she knows this about me firsthand. She gets aggravated with me about it and I have probably gotten a little better at it since she found out she has cancer. I'm not as good at it as I would like to be and the main thing is I'm still scared to death. I went at that backwards. What I am talking about is being able to say the right thing to people going through rough times. I didn't text my friend whose mom was dying because I was afraid she would text back and say, "she just now passed away" and I wouldn't know what to text back. "I'm sorry", I know that would be enough for my friend, but it feels so not enough. I pray for God to give me the right words and I would ten times rather be there for my friend than not, but seriously fear keeps me from it. I have another friend who is going through a terrible time after a breakup. I try to say the right thing there too, but am really afraid of saying the wrong thing. Part of me hears, "It's easy for you to say all of this as your life is rolling along just as planned". Yep, I hear that alot. I look back at the few other relationships I had before my Mr. Right came along. I always was the heartbreaker, I was the one who called it quits, so I have never been in this situation. I try to fathom how I would handle if Andrew came home and told me to leave......I can't even imagine, so let's face it, when I am trying to be a comfort, I have no clue what I'm talking about. The closest I can come is when Andrew lost his job and the world felt upside down.....for a few minutes. It isn't the same and I know it. So that's that. It's out there and if you have any ultimate words of wisdom for that leave me a comment. I have heard the story that I am sure we all have where the king asked for words of comfort for any situation. The answer was, "this too will pass" and I agree, nice sentiment and I say it to myself constantly, but I am still not sure it's the words I want to hear from someone else.

Last night Andrew and I had date night, we went to see God's NOT Dead, awesome, awesome movie. We went and ate at Backporch Smokehouse beforehand. I just love that Robinson theater and the fact that the restaurant is right there with it just makes it even better. Nice evening, but seriously, if you have a chance, go see that movie!

So now we get to today. Busy day, I need to straighten the house, make a grocery list, (gotta make the meal list for the month first--I'm a little behind), go get groceries, go have my hair done and then this afternoon, meet Robert to go get my dishwasher. I am really excited. Since November of 2012, I have purchased all new appliances; washer and dryer, stove, fridge and today I will get the last piece, a new dishwasher. I have paid for these all myself with saving from my own paycheck. Andrew and I have all of our money together and granted, he has already made more that I will be able to make before I retire but when knowing, it is more because of his income that we have done things like sided and roofed the house, I like the fact that I really concentrated on pulling this off out of my income. Because of the size of my kitchen, I have an 18" dishwasher. When we moved in, our kitchen didn't have a dishwasher and it is a must with the lives we lead. I started looking and realized an 18" one would fit without sacrificing near as much cabinet space. The stupid thing is the 18" dishwashers cost a lot more than a regular one. Last time, I bought the cheapest name brand I could get by with, a GE Profile. This time, I have done the consumer reports and the whole 9 yards. My new Whirlpool is coming home this afternoon and Andrew should be able to put it in tomorrow afternoon. That along with the heat pump we got last summer as well as the windows and roof, our house should be about as energy efficient as possible.

I technically started vacation at 4 pm yesterday evening. It is a "working" vacation as I am totally planning on doing all my spring cleaning this week. I go to work for 3 hours Wednesday morning but other than that, my mind is going to be on this house. My mom is spending the day with me Tuesday. She has a doctor's appointment and needs to get her car worked on so she is going to help me with some projects that day and then we will go out for dinner and some shopping that evening. Looking very forward to that.

So, time to get this show on the road.....Happy Saturday everyone!




No comments: