Monday, January 20, 2014

25 minutes- done!

Week 6 Run 3, walk 5, run 25, walk 5. Done,

I was leery of this one, so I eased into it. I now think my biggest problem is Saturday when I did my two 10 minute runs with a 3 minute walk in the middle, I didn't take my water bottle. It definitely makes a difference and I struggled to get that last 4 minutes done, eventhough it was a shorter run.
 So today, I started my pace slower. I walked at 2.5 and started my run at 3. At 5 minutes in, I pushed it to 3.1 and continued to raise it every 5 minutes, at my last minute, I went ahead and pushed it to 3.5, which is where I ran my entire 20 minute one. three minutes after being done, I knew I could run again right then. I had thought all the way through this run that I would probably do week 6 over because I didn't think I would finish well, now I am still trying to decide what I am doing come Thursday.  I have a feeling, I may go ahead and do week 7, all of next week's runs are 25 minutes a piece which would give me some time to work on pace. I did go ahead and get the 2 miles in, because of the slower pace, it took me 39 minutes. I know it's slow, but I also know slow and 25 minutes is a heck of a lot better than 25 minutes of nothing.

Here is the playlist I created for it too:

Glorious Day- Casting Crowns
Unwell-Matchbox Twenty
Jump-Van Halen
Don't Ask Me Why-Billy Joel
Call Me- Blondie
Hold On- Wilson Phillips
Believe=Cher
Just the Way You Are-Bruno Mars
The Way It Is-Bruce Hornsby & the Range

I know, it's a weird mix but it worked for me. Hold On and Believe were strategically placed at the end of my run and Just the Way You Are was still playing as I ended my run. The Way it Is is just one of my favorite songs and reminds me daily why I do what I do.

The others are, well, just because I like them--don't judge.

Tonight I weigh in, I was up last week by 4.4 lbs. Sadly, but truthfully, in the record books I have gained 17 lbs. since the 9th of September when I hit my 55 lb mark. Those who work with me see the correlation immediately--LIHEAP started September 1st. So, we now know I need to work on my stress eating....I knew that, I just now say it in print. I also have to work on my "lonely" eating. The guys started working on the farm the 17th of August. I see a big problem there too. So, here's the bright side if there is one, The morning after Christmas, I was up more than the 4.4 lbs. In fact, I didn't go to Weight Watchers the Monday after Christmas because I was already working towards getting it down. Sad truth again though, the morning after Christmas I weighed 23.6 lbs more than I did on the 55 lb weigh in. I lost 7.6 lbs from the day after Christmas until last Monday.....I had also started back to running.

I am expecting good result tonight though as I write, I am also trying to get Andrew in to see the dentist to have two teeth pulled. I may have my plans to go to WW changed, but we shall see.

I do love being back on track with Weight Watchers though because my body feels better. I love eating healthy, I don't know why it is so easy to get pulled into the other direction. My new favorite find is honey in Non-fat plain Greek yogurt. Love it!

And I made homemade banana pudding with Truvia yesterday. Yum...it was supposed to be 8 1/2 cup servings, came out to 2 points, but it was one of those magical recipes that 1 cup was just 3 points, so it is now 4 1 cup servings!

Want the recipe?

4 Bananas
1/2 c minus 2 TBSP of Truvia ( I usually take a couple of TBSP out so you don't take the twang, it is just a little sweeter than sugar so it all worked, of course you would use 1/2 cup sugar if you don't want artificial but you will have to figure the points yourself :-)
1/3 c flour
3 egg yolks
2 cups milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Cut the banana up in a two quart bowl, I'm not picky, especially when it is just at home but my grandma always layered one banana in the bottom, two layers in the middle and one on top, if you wanna do that, plan accordingly, but cut up all your bananas.

In a medium saucepan, mix the Truvia, flour, egg yolks, milk and salt. Keep heat at medium and stir constantly with a wire whisk, do not let it scorch. Stir until thickened, this could take up to 15 minutes, when it is thickened to the consistency of pudding (duh, but it needs to be thick!), stir in the vanilla and pour over your bananas. Stir in and let cool. I let mine cool a whole 4-5 minutes but it was good last night cold too.


So, Andrew has a dentist appointment this afternoon, this may change my plans for the week, I don't know.  I will need to take him if he has a tooth cut out. My week is crazy this week to start with, but that is a whole other post and one I will probably feel more comfortable posting after the fact.

So for now, Happy Monday, and Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. day. I have so much respect for this man who saw a brighter future and instead of sitting at home yelling at a tv, or telling what he thought on facebook (yeah, I know, but you get my point), he went out to change things.

So many things even my friends take for granted, have changed because Mr. King had a dream.

Happy Monday!
















No comments: